Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some quick questions about an original matching DOU 43.

I've noticed that the DOU 43 is like the BNZ 4 rifle in the sense that it uses parts with different WaA marks on it. It's common to see BNZ 4/44 rifles for instance use "byf" WaA135 triggerguards and floor plates. Some also have WaA135 barrels on Radom rifles. I've noticed the same on original DOU 43 rifles. I'm assuming DOU got surplus parts shipped to them from other K98 manufacturers that used the WaA 214 and WaA 135 inspector marks? Just like with BNZ?

My matching DOU 43 has the following parts with a different WaA on it (but all seem to have the original matching SN stamped on them):

1. Triggerguard stamped with "WaA214"
2. Floorplate stamped "WaA135"
3. Stamped rear band with "WaA135"

I've also noticed that my DOU 43 doesn't have that many WaA markings on it, compared to other rifle manufacturers. For instance, the only parts that have a WaA on them is the receiver/barrel (WaAA80), magazine floorplate (unreadable WaA) and the parts listed above. There are NO other WaA markings on any other part, including the bolt/assembly (only has the firing proof on the root). These parts only have the SN stamped on them.

So are these two observations normal for DOU 43 rifles? They used parts with different WaA stampings? And they also lack WaA stamps on parts where other manufacturers would normally have them?

Just curious. Thanks!

·
Gold Bullet member
7,131 Posts
DOU seem to lack excess proof marks and the nearer to 44 it was made the fewer.
The subcontracted bits were not excess, it was how they did business, they consolidated small bits manufacture in fewer places than barrel and receiver makers.
Got pictures?

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
dou used subcontracted stamped parts, such as bands, triggerguards, and floorplates, that were subcontract produced and inspected by the subcontractor. E/135 and E/214 stamped and subcontracted parts are certainly appropriate and to be expected on a dou. 43. Subcontractors had to show the parts were inspected. An in house manufacturer and user of it's own stamped parts had the parts inspected in their inhouse assembly process, so they knew their parts were inspected.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a follow up question here. Does the extractor on DOU 43 rifles have to be serialized with the last 2 digits of the SN on the top flat area towards the chamber? The extractor on mine is just has the blueing and no SN whatsoever and no WaA too, unlike the extractors on other K98s I've seen, which typically have the last 2 digits of the SN and a WaA on the breech flat end of the extractor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts