Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Playing around with my daughter's camera and resized with paint shop program. This was my Dad's unissued K98. I have the original stock with matching numbers, but it is duffle cut and cut down badly so I put the rifle on this stock. Rifle is matching bolt and receiver. Picked up unnumbered bands, unnumbered cupped buttplate, sight hood, and cleaning rod. Rifle has bb serialed number. I think I may have posted pictures here a good while back. Dear old Dad took this out of the crate in Germany.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
K98

Thanks Bob, the metal is in excellent condition. Dad was in the Army (Btry C 936th AAA Battalion). I think I read under another post by yourself (Bob) that unnumbered bands would have came out in the cc serial numbers, so I am assuming that my unnumbered bands are really not correct on this gun.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry Bob, I think that was mrfarb that made the post I was referring to about my unnumbered bands on my bb serial numbered rifle. I reread the post also noting that he says general rule if safety is unnumbered then bands are usually unnumbered. I am going to check out my safety. I don't believe my bolt has ever been taking down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts