Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this "slightly bubba" rifle while snooping around in a gun store in Havasue, I KNOW what this is supposed to kinds represent BUT, I figured for the price asking it would be a fun gun to play with. I already have 5 other Enfields of various types and dates so I'm not concerned with any collector value lost in this. I feel this is just a good representation of what some people will do to make a buck ha ha. I'll get some more pics up if you want more of this.

Attachments

· Registered
3,332 Posts
That thing is the epitome of a Lake Havasu used gun rack rifle as anything!
It’s your money sir, spend it how you like. California tourists love chromed out, faux “Jungle Carbines” lol

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That thing is the epitome of a Lake Havasu used gun rack rifle as anything!
It’s your money sir, spend it how you like. California tourists love chromed out, faux “Jungle Carbines” lol
I know! it was on consignment price so both you and I know the gun store would have asked way more then what I got it for, they did have a nice Lithgow but asking close to a grand for that.

· Registered
3,295 Posts
Bufford,

Cant tell from your pic, is the brake slotted on top like mine?

I have only taken her to 100 yards and she shot well.... it took some time to get the hold right with the flip rear sight.....

Very fast target acquisition and will do what ever you need I am sure out to 500 yards....... worked for 2 World Wars I am sure it will soildier on another 100 plus years......

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bufford,

Cant tell from your pic, is the brake slotted on top like mine?

I have only taken her to 100 yards and she shot well.... it took some time to get the hold right with the flip rear sight.....

Very fast target acquisition and will do what ever you need I am sure out to 500 yards....... worked for 2 World Wars I am sure it will soildier on another 100 plus years......
Yes it does have the slots on top right after the site and before the cone

· Registered
283 Posts
My longtime hunting partner had one of these Gibbs carbines. He used it to take several whitetails in Southeastern Missouri during bad weather hunts. He was a Lee Enfield guy through and through. The carbine was very loud when fired and produced a fireball similar to a Mosin Nagant carbine. Other than that, it was accurate and pleasant to shoot with 303 Brit. Winchester Power Points. He just aimed the 300 yard peep where the front leg met the brisket, and he would hit in the vitals out to 100 yards, which was the farthest he ever shot a deer with it. I shot it several times off the bench, and liked it as a shooter, but I never told him that the nickel plating which was very functional for rust prevention looked hideous to me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts