Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,312 Posts
Who else can/will buy surplus ammo? I guess with the high euro it sucks to be a European purveyor of surplus ammo.

SlimTim

6,312 Posts
Bottom line, it now takes $1.29 U.S. to buy $1.00 worth of European goods. What used to be purchase for $100.00 will now cost the importer $129.00 in currancy exchange.

It can't be good.

The point I was trying to make -- If Americanski's are the only ones buying, they will take our woefully valued dollars just fine, thank you.

SlimTim

6,312 Posts
Let's turn things around. If someone from Europe came here to buy from an American and that European's money when converted to U.S. dollars was less than what the American was used to being paid, the European would have to fork out more to sustain the same value for the goods. Why would the businessman accept less. Also why do you assume Americans are the only ones buying ammo? China comes to mind as well as various 3rd world countries.
Again, if there are no other buyers than Americans, what's the seller of surplus to do? Eat the ammo?

I don't know that the US is the only market for surplus ammo, I am simply raising the question. I do know that the US has been the biggest market for old military bolt action rifles for years, not the only market, but by far the most significant market. So it raises the question: Who else is there buying surplus ammo?

Someone mentioned the Chinese, I doubt that seriously, unless they are buying it for component value.

SlimTim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.