Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We are excited to announce a new $50 Amazon eGift Card giveaway!

We get it. Summer isn’t the same without going a bit primal, reconnecting with our hunter-gatherer roots, and getting to grill outside over an open flame with friends and family.

If you’re as fired up about grilling during these Dog Days of Summer as we are, we’d love to see your best BBQ pictures and hear about your favorite barbeque recipes, techniques, tips, and tricks.

To enter to win a $50 Amazon eGift Card, reply to this thread to share your best outdoor BBQ pictures you have taken and/or your favorite barbeque recipes.

On August 8, 2022, we will hold a random drawing to select the winner. The winner will have seven days to reply to our message verifying their email address, or a new winner will be chosen.

Responses to this thread should be limited to entering the giveaway.

Thank you for being part of the community, and stay cool during these hot summer days!

- Community Management Team

·
Registered
715 Posts
My fall-off-the-bone baby back ribs recipe: (sorry I don’t have a picture, just made some on Sunday.)

1. Remove ribs from cryovac and dampen with paper towels to remove excess purge.
2. Sprinkle with a good amount of McCormick BBQ rub until the entire top of the rack is covered.
3. Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Wrap ribs in foil and place on sheet pan. Slow cook for three hours.
4. Remove from oven. If not eating immediately, let cool and wrap with film to be refrigerated. If ready to eat, turn on bbq grill at 400 degrees. Cook ribs until crispy for 15-20 minutes.
5. Cover ribs with Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce. If you prefer a tangier flavor add a little white vinegar. If you prefer hot, add a couple drops of Tabasco and mix with the bbq sauce.
6. Once the bbq sauce carmelizes, remove ribs from grill and enjoy with your favorite sides!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
easy ribs
first fry up a little garlic in a pot. add babyback ribs cut into individual ribs, 1/2 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce, 2 drops of liquid smoke, and enough water to just cover the ribs. stir and bring to a rapid boil, and then turn down to simmer until the end of the bones start to show white, [usually 40 to 45 minutes]. drain and hand roll the ribs in your favorite bbq sauce and put in the refrigerator for 24 hours. the ribs are basically cooked.so take out and put on the grill to crisp to taste

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Used to put on several BBQ's a year when old folks were still with us and kids were at home. Still do but not as often.
Always Brisket

Food Ingredient Wood Recipe Cooking

Pork loin!!

Food Charcoal Ingredient Outdoor grill rack & topper Recipe

Crowd fave is always a 'rattlesnake'. Sausage split and stuffed w/jalapenos and creme cheese.
As it gets done, pluck the toothpicks out of the length and it looks pretty scary!
Food Ingredient Recipe Animal product Pork

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
My grill is a Weber charcoal kettle, battered and beat, but still going strong.

My recipe for juicy steaks........
Put the steaks in a container and coat liberally with.....
Mustard.
A1 Sauce or your favorite steak sauce,
Worcestershire sauce.
Pepper OR Tabasco sauce for the flavor.
Garlic to taste.

For a spicy steak, use Dijon mustard.

Smear the mustard mix over both sides and put in fridge overnight or longer.

Throw them on a HOT grill and the heat sears the mustard and seals the steaks.
The mustard burns off and leaves a juicy steak with a great flavor.

I haven't had the guts try coating steaks with.......Peanut butter.
This is said to do very well as a sealer.

·
Administrator
3,208 Posts
I have found an easy Salmon is to rub it in olive oil, then rub in some flavorings you like. I only have to cook about 5-8 minutes on each side, makes a great dinner. Also, some asparagus with a foil opened on the top sure tastes good.

Reactions: sharptonn

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,769 Posts
We love grilled onions.

I will take a Vidalia onion, cut about 1/4th of it off on the root side, then take a kitchen knife and slice a grid pattern as deep as possible without causing it to lose its structure. I will then put the onion overnight in a bag is soy and hoisin sauce to soak them up.

Next day when you're ready to grill, can put it on the grill for a minute to sear it like a steak and then put it in tin foil.

Delicious.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Or you can shuck it toss it on the grill and fire roast it, it really brings the sweetness out of the corn, yea there is a risk of drying it out ,
I do both. Soak them, grill them, shuck them, butter them & back on the grill for some color.

·
Administrator
18,268 Posts
Pork Shoulder after 3 days in the marinade and 8 hours in the smoker. The marinade is a homemade Moho consisting of bitter orange juice, cilantro, garlic and onions. It needs a couple more hours and I can usually pull the bone out clean with just my tongs.
Food Outdoor grill rack & topper Cuisine Cooking Roasting

1 - 20 of 29 Posts