Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does Win WSF pistol powder flow (meter) in powder measures ? Is it like
Win 231 and flow like water or is it going to flow like a shovel of gravel...like 800 X does ?

Thank you for any input.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,123 Posts
I use LOTS of WSF loading 9mm. Meters just fine through my both my Dillon and Lee powder measures.
It's a pretty fine powder, not like 800x at all!

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like 800X but my measures can't toss it consistently at all.
Had to give up on 800X. Good to know WSF is doing well for
9mm as that is what I wanted to use it for. Thank you for the
feed back.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,105 Posts
I like 800X but my measures can't toss it consistently at all.
Had to give up on 800X. Good to know WSF is doing well for
9mm as that is what I wanted to use it for. Thank you for the
feed back.
I've found the Lee auto disk powder measure to be very consistent with just about any powder except extruded types. For just about any flake or ball powder it is amazingly accurate from charge to charge. For loading pistol ammo it's hard to beat and works equally well on a single stage or progressive press. Most of the Lee carbide pistol die sets include the powder thru case mouth flaring die that works with the Auto Disk measure. If you haven't tried one you should, they're very reasonably priced, and easy to set up and use.

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Schoo,

I got the Lee Pro measure on my Dillon 650 and my Lee Turret press as these measures are simple, and do everything my Dillon measures can do . None of these measures throws 800X reliably as the flakes are huge and 800 X does not meter in my Ohaus Duo Measure either. I have one Hornady pistol bushing measure which will meter it half great if I bang the measure casting 3x with a stick. Now all the measures meter Unique, WW 231 just fine as well as Bulls eye powder . Thus, I was hoping if I tried WSF, it would be like WW 231 but had to ask : input says it does so I will try it.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,105 Posts
I got the Lee Pro measure on my Dillon 650 and my Lee Turret press as these measures are simple, and do everything my Dillon measures can do . None of these measures throws 800X reliably as the flakes are huge and 800 X does not meter in my Ohaus Duo Measure either.
I feel your pain. To be honest, I've never tried any 800X in my Auto disk so I guess it's just not well suited for the Lee auto disk or Pro disk measures. That being said, I can't say enough good things about my Auto disk measure with all the pistol powders I use, very consistent and I couldn't see myself ever going back to a manual throw type measure for pistol loading. Good luck with the WSF, hopefully it will work well for you.

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The one feature Lee offers for the Pro (a fine pistol measure IMHO) is a adjustable charge bar. I tried this and its junk. Now, if you want to bang on the Pro housing to make the powder fill the irregular opening on the charge bar, you can make it work...sort of. Otherwise , all disks and features on basic Lee Pro disk measure are fine by me. If I wanted to throw a charge my disks don't calibrate for , I can always bore out a disk hole and make my own modified disk for that purpose: a far better solution to the adjustable charge bar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.