Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on an auction site and it doesn't seem to be passing my smell test. The background looks ground. Am I overanaylsising this and seeing problems that aren't there?

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looks ground to me from that photo.............

·
Silver Bullet member
15,556 Posts
Saw this on an auction site and it doesn't seem to be passing my smell test. The background looks ground. Am I overanaylsising this and seeing problems that aren't there?
I believe you are correct; ground and restamped IMO.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The numbers look odd, but when you compare to the other parts on the gun, the "9" is the correct style. The TK rifles I have owned/handled all seem to have this odd "9." If it is faked, at least the style is correct for the gun (IMO). Normally the sellers who screw with serial numbers never gets the font or number size correct.

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The numbers look odd, but when you compare to the other parts on the gun, the "9" is the correct style. The TK rifles I have owned/handled all seem to have this odd "9." If it is faked, at least the style is correct for the gun (IMO). Normally the sellers who screw with serial numbers never gets the font or number size correct.
I noticed that as well. The 9 does look like the similar font on the 9 on the receiver serial number. The number on the safety look fishey as well.

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
If sreisel I wouldnt give it a second look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts