Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my title indicates, I am wondering if the G41 (duv43) uses a piston rod return spring. I know the G43 does, but my G41 piston rod extension remains exposed through the receiver once pushed, and does not return on its own (unless the bolt carrier is released from lock, then obviously the bolt carrier pushes it home). Was this normal or should there be a return spring in the gas piston system?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I did a detailed strip of my rifle this morning and its actually there in the stock! The former owner installed it reversely placing spring tension toward the action, not the front of the barrel, which is why is was obviously not working.
Whew!
Thanks again for the info - new G41 owner here!

·
Registered
175 Posts
The owners of the G43 forum drove it into the ground and took it off line. They attempted to "sell" the site to anyone who came up with the cash. That didn't go over well so it just went away. There was a lot of drama about the rapid demise of the site - - it is best it is dead and gone. In reality, there is just so much one can post about an obscure WWII German rifle such as the G43.

gunsofthereich was owned by Chuck Norton - - a great guy and fellow collector. Not to speak for Chuck, there is only so much you can chit chat about a G43. I wish I had his detailed instructions on how to take apart a G41(M).

I own the web page:

www.gewehr.us

I started the site in 2005 and when the bill comes due to renew the webpage it is going off line. It has run its course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.