Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
13,123 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
13,123 Posts
From what I am discovering, this is a pressure test rifle.Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
No, it’s a simple rifle for training inexperienced users. It is virtually identical in design (if not dimensions) to the Soviet trainer of the early ‘50s.And please note that none of the requisite bits and pieces that make up a pressure test rifle are present (i.e., gas relief ports, pressure/streets gauge or the ability to utilize one.)I’m sorry but it’s not a pressure test rifle.

·
Administrator
10,116 Posts
From the " 1960.11." Date mark it is Chinese.
Too well made to be a conversion of a normal
M-N.
A Min Bin trainer, made in the same year as the last production of Type 53...in fact, simple version...no bayonet, no magazine, simple trigger guard, un- inletted stock;
Overall, a nice piece.
Chambering??? Probably 7.62x54R ( too complicated to make a 7.62x39 bolt head???).
Rear sight reminiscent of Carcano M38!!!.

As an uncommon rifle (in the US China Imports scene) a high price is to be expected.

Doc AV

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
It's not a trainer. This is initial bullet speed testing gun ("скоростная винтовка/карабин"). They were produced in long rifle and carbine configurations, and both types also existed in barrel pressure measuring configuration ("крешерные винтовки"), with attached pressure measuring device - "крешерный прибор". I do not know is it Chinese, but Soviets had the same model
Unclear when Soviets started production of the simplified models for such purpose. At least prior to 1945 were used regular configuration rifles, produced with higher tolerances. In 1945 these rifles were marked with C or CK letters, which mean "Скоростная" in Russian

Rifles from collection of Russian museum

Rifles with attached pressure measuring device from collection of Russian museum

Carbine with attached pressure measuring device from collection of Russian museum

·
Gold Bullet member
13,123 Posts
Alex:

If someone is going to prove me wrong I’m honored that you’re the one to do it! ;)

·
Administrator
9,548 Posts
It's not a trainer. This is initial bullet speed testing gun ("скоростная винтовка/карабин"). They were produced in long rifle and carbine configurations, and both types also existed in barrel pressure measuring configuration ("крешерные винтовки"), with attached pressure measuring device - "крешерный прибор". I do not know is Chinese, but Soviets had the same model
Unclear when Soviets started production of the simplified models for such purpose. At least prior to 1945 regular configuration rifles, produced with higher tolerances, were used for this purpose. In 1945 these rifles were marked with C or CK letters, which mean "Скоростная" in Russian

Rifles from collection of Russian museum
View attachment 3294409
View attachment 3294405
View attachment 3294403
View attachment 3294407

Rifles with attached pressure measuring device from collection of Russian museum

View attachment 3294413
View attachment 3294411
View attachment 3294415

View attachment 3294419

Carbine with attached pressure measuring device from collection of Russian museum

View attachment 3294417

Thanks for the updated info on these Single Shot rifles Alex, its nice to know what these where made for after all this time

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.