Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that some SoF units use them. Is that true? Does anyone else? I have heard that some Russian soldiers prefered the older 7.62mm round over the 5.45, and I suspect that they were one of the reasons why the AK-103 was designed and put into production.

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,713 Posts
I would guess that soldiers have opinions on calibre chioice just like GI's and collectors in the USA. My understanding is the 100 series rifles are export rifles. Dunno what the Russiamn military is currently issuing.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would guess that soldiers have opinions on calibre chioice just like GI's and collectors in the USA. My understanding is the 100 series rifles are export rifles. Dunno what the Russiamn military is currently issuing.
They're currently using AK-74Ms. The 100 series is basically the AK-74M in different calibers. They may be intended mainly for export, but I don't think that means that some in the Russian military can't still use them. The AN-94 is used by some elite units, I believe.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
About a month ago I was browsing images and saw some current pics and web sites and saw occasional Russian trooper armed with a AK103 in several different places. One was a recent shot of Russians in Georgia, and it was Russians in the picture. They were 103s. They had folders, 74 style brakes and AKM mags!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
About a month ago I was browsing images and saw some current pics and web sites and saw occasional Russian trooper armed with a AK103 in several different places. One was a recent shot of Russians in Georgia, and it was Russians in the picture. They were 103s. They had folders, 74 style brakes and AKM mags!
Were they regular military?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.