Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive wanted a G43 for a long time, thought i found a winner. Turns out its a humped up POS, thank God i found out (by dumb luck, googled the serial number) prior to sending any money. I messaged the seller showing my proof that the rifle has been faked and that i would not be purchasing it. Hopefully he does the right thing and i don't get banned off of gunbroker, they don't take kindly to non payers....Id like to think he isn't the one who did the humping so for now i wont post the user name.

Here is the auction i found for when it sold as a sporter

Here is the description from the gunbroker auction from today

bolt and parts have been renumbered/ humped to make it appear matching , looked good enough to fool my novice eye

obviously the same rifle

LESSON LEARNED!

·
Gold Bullet member
13,113 Posts
What was the new sale price?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ive wanted a G43 for a long time, thought i found a winner. Turns out its a humped up POS, thank God i found out (by dumb luck, googled the serial number) prior to sending any money. I messaged the seller showing my proof that the rifle has been faked and that i would not be purchasing it. Hopefully he does the right thing and i don't get banned off of gunbroker, they don't take kindly to non payers....Id like to think he isn't the one who did the humping so for now i wont post the user name.

Here is the auction i found for when it sold as a sporter

Here is the description from the gunbroker auction from today

bolt and parts have been renumbered/ humped to make it appear matching , looked good enough to fool my novice eye

obviously the same rifle

LESSON LEARNED!
It did fool me as well. I bought this rifle from a guy in Maryland who sold a number of G and K43s about18 months ago. Excellent job because the receivers from the original sportier looks totally different as do the bolt carriers. I am the seller. Thanks cconboy for piling on!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Stock is a dead giveaway: Fox Poland. Everything downhill from there.
The humper knew enough about bcd rifles to replace the bolt carrier with a correct non-rib type with fake inverted V. Fooled quite a few, I guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stock is a dead giveaway: Fox Poland. Everything downhill from there.
The humper knew enough about bcd rifles to replace the bolt carrier with a correct non-rib type with fake inverted V. Fooled quite a few, I guess.
I bought this rifle from a guy out of Maryland about 18 months ago. you guys probably saw a number of his K and G43 at that time. The work fooled me big time!

·
Registered
702 Posts
I bought this rifle from a guy out of Maryland about 18 months ago. you guys probably saw a number of his K and G43 at that time. The work fooled me big time!
For the sake of accountability and to get down to the root of outright fraud -if they sold it to you as "all matching"- the chain of ownership should be disclosed, IMHO.

Looks like an awesome opportunity to get a good looking G43 shooter to me!
Agreed, but not at this price.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Not the original wood, so technically not "sporterized"....May have made a fun shooter, as numbers don't matter in this case...Bodes
My bad....I didn't realize the your post was about a rebuilt, ex modified G43....I was just commenting on it when it was in the non standard military stock...And I agree, to sell a humped up rebuild under the guise that it's in original wartime condition is disgraceful and fraudulent...Bodes

·
Gold Bullet member
13,113 Posts
A bit more than $3k for an apparently cobbled together rifle sold as original and genuine? 😡

I hope this is resolved easily in your favor.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,113 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
It did fool me as well. I bought this rifle from a guy in Maryland who sold a number of G and K43s about18 months ago. Excellent job because the receivers from the original sportier looks totally different as do the bolt carriers. I am the seller. Thanks cconboy for piling on!
Your welcome, sorry if I came off as a jerk, selling fakes makes me crazy, I've been really burned before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This was handled well by the seller, stand up guy.
The search for my G43 continues :(
Thought I would give you the follow up story on that G43 bcd. I sent it back to Lewis Schnauble and he said he would send me a correct qve K43. Well he did send me a replacement. That’s the good news. The bad news it had a reproduction handguard. Looks like I have a really nice shooter! He did admit to me he got all kinds of parts from Fox in Poland. Good luck to you in finding a G/K43 because I think it got much more difficult!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Thought I would give you the follow up story on that G43 bcd. I sent it back to Lewis Schnauble and he said he would send me a correct qve K43. Well he did send me a replacement. That’s the good news. The bad news it had a reproduction handguard. Looks like I have a really nice shooter! He did admit to me he got all kinds of parts from Fox in Poland. Good luck to you in finding a G/K43 because I think it got much more difficult!
I mistakenly thought I had missed out on a Gustloff G43, when I realized it was the one that was redone and sold off as being original...Bodes

G43, K43 German WWII Semi automatic Rifle - Curios & Relics at GunBroker.com : 895954380

·
Registered
4 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.