Gunboards Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
We continue)

11th Fanagoria Grenadier Regiment. Photo taken between 1916 and 1917.
The regiment received its name in honor of a small area - Fangoria. Since it was this area, just formed in 1790, this regiment, which did not have a name then, captured in its first battle.

Czechoslovak regiment at the feast of St. Wenceslas (Václav) - the patron saint of the Czech Republic (Irkutsk, September 28, 1918)

Recruits take the military oath.
49th Infantry Division, 1944.

·
Gold Bullet member
10,483 Posts
👍

·
Registered
766 Posts
This is awesome!!! In the second to last picture it looks like the 91/30 is in some sort of shooting vice. Is that sighting in at the factory perhaps?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This is awesome!!! In the second to last picture it looks like the 91/30 is in some sort of shooting vice. Is that sighting in at the factory perhaps?
This photo also interested me.
But I could not find out the story. I can assume that the photo was taken in one of the republics of the USSR before WW2. This is most likely some kind of military-sports shooting organization.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
The photo was taken in the mid-30s, in Uzbekistan at the central stadium of the city of Tashkent.
Photo by Max Zakharovich Penson.

Fragment of a photograph. Perhaps I have this whole photo somewhere, but it's smaller.

13th Don Cossack Regiment. The photo was taken around 1914.

Nikolay II and "His Imperial Majesty's Own Consolidated Infantry Regiment".
This is a guards infantry unit intended for the personal protection of the emperor during the conduct of hostilities. It would be more correct to say - one of some military units.

One of the police units of the city of Saratov, 1924.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Great photos, they actual reminded me of some pictures I have since lost on another hard drive. I used to have two great unit photos. One was them posed all formal, and the second is the "goofy photo" where they are bayoneting each other or striking dramatic poses.

these photos floated around the various forums. I can not remember who they were of though. I'm almost sure they had Mosins. They may have had some light machine guns in front of them too.

Does anyone remember seeing them?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Great photos, they actual reminded me of some pictures I have since lost on another hard drive. I used to have two great unit photos. One was them posed all formal, and the second is the "goofy photo" where they are bayoneting each other or striking dramatic poses.

these photos floated around the various forums. I can not remember who they were of though. I'm almost sure they had Mosins. They may have had some light machine guns in front of them too.

Does anyone remember seeing them?
I may be wrong, but most often such comic photos are typical for the Germans of the WW1 period.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Great stuff guys. Keep it going(y)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts