Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought everything was on the net now, but couldn't find disassembly instructions for the H&R Model 65. Only found one, and I couldn't follow it. Anyone able to help out a challenged individual????

· Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Figured it out. Wanted to clean the chamber as I've ben having some serious feeding issues.

Another question - notice requirement of "lubricated" bullets????? What ammo do you use in these? Any tips appreciated.

· Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will be hitting the range later today. Good selection of ammo. Eight different magazines. Even thinking of oiling some cartridges if all else fails.

Guessing I will be either happy or really POd later today.

· Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Functioned perfectly when a single round was loaded into the chamber by hand. Fired, ejected, and bolt closed.

Not so when loading from a magazine. Bolt will not close completely. Tried 8 different mags. Guessing something is allowing a magazine to rise up and somehow stop the bolts from closing the last less than 1".

Damn - another project.

· Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty sure I fixed problem.

Looks like a combination of issues. Small burr on bolt face, and a dried-grease filled bolt (made firing pin extend outward slightly) were preventing cartridges from seating properly in the bolt when fed from mag. Polished extractor a little too.

Rounds feed easily from mag now, and bolt closes. Ran five mags full of ammo through it without issue.

I like the rifle!!!!

· Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tom, Glad to hear you fixed the problem! I was at that point in dumping my Model 65 when the gunsmith I used solved the problem for me. Now it is my favorite 1940's era .22 rifle!
Kim
Thanks. You helped steer me in the right direction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.