Gunboards Forums banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Saturday I left the house at 3 am and drove to the OGCA meeting near Dayton, arriving at the 8 am opening. I left at 11am having purchased a $10 holster and two books. I got the impression from the price tags, that Ohio dollars are two to three times US dollars. This is the third show that I have bought books and little else.

I am a life member since the mid 70's and have only missed five shows due to weather or travelling for work. Gone are the good old days when the guest line to get into the OGCA show in Columbus ran several blocks long. Tables numbers were consistently over 2000. Membership applications were from all over the world and most states. Today's OGCA membership applications are 85% Ohio residents. I see the same items every show with no inventory turnover. It is like going to a museum. Sadly I have consistently done better at smaller local shows. Management seems non responsive to adverse criticism. They are happy to be the "Timonium of the Midwest." My impression of Timonium is that its an exclusive "good old boys" club with high prices.
I would like to join the OGCA but don't personally know anyone who is a member. Would you be willing to sponsor me to join or do you know anyone who might be willing to do so? I have been collecting Civil War era firearms for 30 years and live in Southern Ohio.
Thank you.

41 - 41 of 41 Posts