Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
641 Posts
In this instance the grouping was already priced and certain Banzai members were coming in May, this was April, we didnt cherry pick as we knew the members and knew the widow had nothing to worry about with those members. We had been called in to purchase helmets and that was very disappointing as the deceased had been very trusting in his helmet sources and had been taken advantage of in the majority of his collection. The wife and family were nice people! But just as they had given us first crack at the helmets, I wanted to honor their arrangement with the next group. There is nothing worse than making a long trip with high expectations only to find the items sold before your arrival.
Just curious who the helmet sources were and what kind of helmets he had obtained?
Thanks, Scott

· Registered
641 Posts
Scott they wouldnt say who the source was, but over a hundred helmets and we bought perhaps ten, two of my partner had sold him years ago and we paid what he paid which is what the family wanted. I had a feeling that the K98s and helmets came from same source in Florida,,,but no specifics, just very sad and very disappointing. I did buy ten wooden scabbard last ditch bayonets, but left the guns alone,,pressure test rifle,,type 99 sniper,,38 sniper. He did much better sticking with Japanese.
I had for some reason completely forgot about this thread until the other was posted with pics. Sorry I did not reply in a timely manner. Did the 38 sniper have a mum? Would love to see pics if you feel like it. If not no big deal. There are guys who make really big money off of faking helmets. If he would have posted them here we could have helped him.
Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.