Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How rare is a late diopter sight for a Mauser 350 B? The type that mounts on the receiver grooves and comes off the left side and back as to not interfere with the bolt and bolt handle. What might one be worth?

Regards,

·
Gold Bullet member
2,618 Posts
Those pieces do not have a price, the value in guessed by the seller, and that guess will always be high if the seller knows what he´s handling, if not, you´ll get the item for little money, but you have to be REALLY lucky.
I´ve got the diopter, came with a prewar Mauser, picture below.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,618 Posts
I always say, and it applies in this case also, that a lot of people have $ 350, but few have the Original Mauser Diopter, if that amount does not move the needle of your economy, close the deal, be sure that the item will enhance the value of your gun.
I´ve been in this thing for decades, and my main collection are the Military Trainers and Prewar 22´s and cant remeber when I last saw the item subject of this topic.
Lastly, I dont know if this applies to your particular Diopter, but mine has the traverse and height regulation managed through
two square axis that are like the ones used in old clocks for their winding, its possible that the Original key is missing, if this is the case its simple, I see you´re from Florida, if from Miami you go to Flaggler St.,all the jewellers are concentrated in the Seybold Building and also the suppliers of tools for their trade, in any of those shops they carry, for a few bucks, tens of keys in different measures, be sure that one will fit your piece, below pic of the type of key I´m talking about.GOOD LUCK !!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The deal was done before I even posted this thread and yes it is the type that requires a square hole key to adjust it. Fortunately I have a key for it. Thanks for the replies. I knew it was rare and that I should jump on it. I just wanted to know if others would agree about the cost.

Regards,

·
Silver Bullet member
55,181 Posts
Been on flaggler street myself ....Raul in 1975 one only trip to Florida.

Auto correct spelling caused your confusion....1914 my friend ><> Daniel

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.