Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I assume this is in response to my last thread?

Much appreciated Vit, just the thing a brother needs when he's trippin' on something stupid :D
I may just hafta call and have that WASR put on layaway :)

....wasn't photoshopped was it?... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
That's one of the odd-ball rifles China would give Albania back in the day. China made a lot of them like that and there's even a couple of owners that have a Norinco and a Polytech pre-ban rifle with no dimples or only one located on the left side of the receiver. Certainly very unique.

China also made many of the Type 56 rifles with and without the threaded muzzle. More often, the Type 56 with the underfolding bayonet had an unthreaded muzzle.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I think more often than not, Chinese type 56 Rifles don't have threaded muzzles. The lack of dimples is interesting, though.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ok OK how many of you guys got your WASRs out of the safe right now and have been rambling I told you so? Boy this may bring a resurgence to the dimples threads????

Id did want to ask if there seems something wierd about the gas vents?

There are both scrapes for the selector and the gas tube lever. If its a toy why bother making them functional?

·
Registered
569 Posts
thanks for posting, that is a new one for me, my first thought was someone photoshopped it

I see no logic in it either as a whole new non standard "stamp" (for the press to manufacture the receiver) would need to be created- why would they do such a thing ?

regards

Richard

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
That's a good question that's been asked for a long time. This variant has been around for quite a long time. Like most Chinese Kalashnikovs, we'll probably never know what the real deal was with that.

Here's some more "Albanian" contract rifles:

Compliments of Stottman:

Some random photos:

And, of course, the actual Albanian variant itself:

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,418 Posts
Didn't the first original Russian AK47's have milled receivers?
Michael
The first AK was stamped but was oddly enough heavier than the milled AK47 that would replace it. The type 2, then they made the type3 which was the final milled until they came out with the AKM which is an AK47 type weapon but is not a true ak47.

AKM
Avtomat Kalashnikova Modernized(dont know the word in russian)
Of course this is Russians, the other countries such as bulgaria and poland did many different versions.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Guys, the rifle is built with a Chinese receiver which is thicker than the standard 1mm Russian/Euro Kalashnikov stamped receiver, ergo why the markings look deeper. It's not a milled receiver. :)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
AKM
Avtomat Kalashnikova Modernized(dont know the word in russian)
QUOTE]

Modirniroziny, if I remember it correctly. I may have the spelling screwed, tho.

I noticed the gas port holes, muzzle and the use scratches when I saw the "Navy" pic, and thought it sure was clean. Maybe even un-fired except for the use scratches on the selector switch. That Sailor takes proper care of his weapon!

Noted the same gas port holes on other photos, is that common to Chinese AK's or Albanian and Chinese AK's?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts