Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CW
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member

USA
2370 Posts
Posted - 08/29/2003 : 1:25:44 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to get the ball rolling....

I recieved a translated edition of Dieter Marschall's book the other day. Great stuff! One exciting piece of East German info, was that two of the engineers at the Shul plant recieved prison terms for shoddy worksmanship! They had decided to use >cast< parts (I would assume safeties and such) instead of machined. The result was premature parts breakage and all Makarovs being overhauled. I wonder if that is why almost all hammers and safetys having that "case-hardened" look to it.
-Chris

TENNESSEEAN

USA
1162 Posts
Posted - 08/29/2003 : 1:28:45 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris, where did you get the copy of the book?

TN
Appalachain American

BRS
Gold Bullet Club

USA
291 Posts
Posted - 08/31/2003 : 09:42:12 AM

I got one last week from Ray Riling Arms Books at their table at the Harrisburg, PA show. http://www.rayrilingarmsbooks.com

The book is detailed here:

http://www.rayrilingarmsbooks.com/cgi-bin/rrb455.cgi/8997.html

You might try asking Karl or George first, they may have it in stock.

IMO, the Marschall book is an excellent reference on the structure of the arms DDR agencies and groups, and the handguns that those organizations used. Included are Maks, Toks, PSM, P-38, PP, PPk, the Romanian M74, and others. Excellent section on holsters with many pics.

Well worth it.

BRS

Honi Soit qui Mal i Pense

Edited by - BRS on 08/31/2003 09:49:42 AM

BigGuns
Gunboards.Com Silver Star Member

USA
575 Posts
Posted - 08/31/2003 : 1:47:57 PM

Originally posted by BRS

I got one last week from Ray Riling Arms Books at their table at the Harrisburg, PA show. http://www.rayrilingarmsbooks.com

Sounds like a good book, I think I might get one.
But the title is a mouthful...

"You have got to stand for something or you will
fall for anything"...

CW

USA
2370 Posts
Posted - 09/01/2003 : 5:14:28 PM

Sorry for the delay in replying... my internet connection has been awful all weekend.

I bought my copy from the publisher and got the author to sign it.
The English version of the book is available at $29.95 plus $3.50
shipping. Order from: Ucross Books, POB 764, Los Alamos, NM 87544. No
COD or CCs, checks must clear.
I suggest if you have an intrest in East German Makarovs, then you should get it.
-Chris

KreeL
Gunboards Premium Member

103 Posts
Posted - 09/03/2003 : 12:22:15 AM

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out!

"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."
-- Patrick Henry

garfield

USA
2551 Posts
Posted - 09/04/2003 : 6:05:10 PM

If you have an interest here this is a damn good reference and, IMO, well worth the money.

jimmy2

USA
1183 Posts
Posted - 09/04/2003 : 8:35:32 PM

Dieter's book sounds to me like a must-have.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Dieters book fills a void that is little known. Covers a wide range of DDR pistols. His book on walther pistols is also good.

ed

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
Proof that I used to be a Gold Star Member! :)
Nice to see something from the past!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts