Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
55,181 Posts
did you guys know the first black Memorial (restored to org. after fire) building built in the USA is in my old home town of Kimball WV..McDowell .....southern most of the state...route 52 South..has a small museum...
the first White WW 1 Memorial building in USA burned down Welch WV. 10 Miles more south ...not re-built...

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
8,080 Posts
I have done a few presentations at the museum in full WWI French uniform about the uniform, equipments and weaponry they used during the war.
There will be quite a few reenactors getting together there for Memorial Day weekend representing French, British, American, Russian, Italian, German and Austro-Hungarian forces.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
My family has been there but I was out of town at the time. Pretty bad I live in Kansas City and haven't been there yet.:p
Guess it's just too close so I keep thinking 'next weekend'

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
74,955 Posts
I go to a gun show in Kansas City and visited the museum once while there. If you are there, do not pass it by.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,590 Posts
I have done a few presentations at the museum in full WWI French uniform about the uniform, equipments and weaponry they used during the war.
There will be quite a few reenactors getting together there for Memorial Day weekend representing French, British, American, Russian, Italian, German and Austro-Hungarian forces.

Patrick
Red pants, or Horizon Blue variety?

Thinking of red pants, have you read John W. Thomason, Jr.'s wonderful story RED PANTS? If not - find it and read it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.