Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
19,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The boards will close down-old gunboards at the start of next week. If you want something there then you better get it now-and transfer here and save the pictures to your PC so they can be uploaded again to this server-

I need somebody to transfer info from the review forum to the new one please. DO NOT TRANSFER BS. only reviews.

·
Silver Bullet member
30,029 Posts
How does one transfer?

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
Let me know when Vic.....

·
Administrator
19,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When what?

·
Administrator
19,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That really makes me uncomfortable and I'm sorry I saw that now. :(

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
I don't know anything. I just smell like nuts.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
How do you get to the old site? Sorry I must have missed something.

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
Vic,
I just put a bunch of reviews that I thought were good enough to transfer. Feel free to delete any you think are junk.

·
Administrator
19,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My comment to junk was referring to guys that were using that forum as a section to talk about what is the best deer caliber etc... and not a legit review of a product that was useful. Does that make sense? I went in there and found pages of off topic banter and discussion and none of it had anything to do with a review of a product that the membership would find useful. I'm going to be really watching that section from now on.

Thank you Sean, I appreciate your help.

·
Platinum Bullet member
4,819 Posts
Yes, please post info for getting to the old boards again, I want to pull some old stuff this weekend if I can find it. If not, Oh well....

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
I transferred some really great reviews.

I tried to plunge into the depths of all the posts and get stuff. I did find a lot of stuff that you described. So I tried my best. Some guys gave reviews of stuff like....

"Wow is this stuff good"
and
"Wow this crap is junk"

So I left those out.

If someone really feels put out by my "command decisions", as we used to call them in the Corps, please feel free to transfer your own stuff. It really wasn't all that time consuming. I think I spent a total of about 2 hours transfering and editing to make things nice and orderly.

It also gave me the chance to re-review some things. JPS, Vic, MJL, etc, had some really nice reviews of products, services, and books. I really suggest some people go back through and review them for some great reading.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts