217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Author Topic
MakarovaNik
Gunboards Super Premium Member

USA
306 Posts
Posted - 12/25/2003 : 5:25:32 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know if the Russians used Bulgie Maks in Afghanistan? Do Russians they have any Bulgie Maks in current use?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Bargain price excellent condition Ruskie MilSurp. Email me if you've got one.

Redbear
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member

USA
2123 Posts
Posted - 12/25/2003 : 7:29:07 PM

Why wouldn;t the russian just use a Russian PM?

Cincymakniks Director
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Makniksgroup/
"No body knows the trouble I've seen... But it can be arranged!"

SlimTim
TN-GA Shooters Forum Moderator

USA
5238 Posts
Posted - 12/25/2003 : 8:15:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MakarovaNik

Does anyone know if the Russians used Bulgie Maks in Afghanistan? Do Russians they have any Bulgie Maks in current use?

Can't say about Afghanistan. The guys that went on the last two "battletours" tours of Russia, Finland & elsewhere all say that most ever Mak they saw in Russia on uniformed guards, police, whatever, was in fact Bulgarian. For more info, ask Tuco, Dennis Kroh, etc.

SlimTim

Budweiser's Real Man of Genius: Mr. Gun Show Junkie.

Better Fred than red!
http://fred08.com

Georgians, Tennesseans, join your neighbors here!

Tuco
Owner-Operator-Gunboards.com

USA
13614 Posts
Posted - 12/25/2003 : 8:54:09 PM

Yes in fact in great numbers. It shocked me as well when I was in Russia how many guards and the like had Bulgarian made MAKS. This in 2001 and 2002. No clue as to why. When I asked the soldiers told me they had no clue as it was just what the army gave them. Kind of like the guy that had three cleaning rods on his holster. I asked him why he had so many and he told me "that is how it came" - looking at me as if I was stupid for asking.

Co-author
"Finland At War"
Operator Gunboards.com And
www.mosinnagant.net
www.estonianarms.com

makdaddy
DDR Moderator

USA
1688 Posts
Posted - 12/25/2003 : 11:54:29 PM

I do know that the East Germans used them-- and the appropriate holsters too..... Of course not in Afganistan, but in their country.

"If God made anything cooler than a MINIgun-- he saved it for himself!!"

COA #10481 COG #125 AKaholic #2300 "True friends stab you in the front"-- Oscar Wilde

Molon Labe Ye Bastiges!!!!
"NE CONJUGE NOBISCUM"

Edited by - makdaddy on 12/25/2003 11:55:27 PM

Looter
Gunboards.Com Silver Star Member

USA
585 Posts
Posted - 12/26/2003 : 11:46:24 AM

That is really interesting information. Maybe the Russians saw what people are paying for Russian milsurp PMs on the internet and decided to sell off all theirs and buy Bulgies instead!

lavric

USA
2234 Posts
Posted - 12/26/2003 : 3:32:24 PM

I had Soviet made PM(in 1978-1980) and in 1987.

Yefim.

Êòî íå ñ íàìè,-òîò ïðîòèâ íàñ.
Åñëè âðàã íå ñäàåòñÿ,-åãî óíè÷òîæàþò.
À òåðîðèñòîâ áóäåì "ìî÷èòü" â ñîðòèðàõ!

Edited by - lavric on 12/26/2003 3:33:28 PM

cigarman

1369 Posts
Posted - 12/26/2003 : 9:36:45 PM

All of the Eastern Bloc countries traded heavily and so frequently used equipment made in other countries.

In Theory there is no difference between theory and practice.

In Practice, there is.

Edward
Gunboards Super Premium Member

USA
353 Posts
Posted - 12/30/2003 : 12:11:33 AM

Let's ask ghost if he used one when he was in Russia.L.O.L.

careless
Gunboards Premium Member

USA
136 Posts
Posted - 12/30/2003 : 8:13:05 PM

It is a little known fact that all of the rifles and pistols used in International Competition by the former Soviet Union; were in fact done up by the Bulgarian Factories. Perhaps the Russians simply recognize the excellence of the product.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts