Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if that is the name. But they were shooting a 1903 SVT40 a Mosin and a M14.
These rifles are from WWI and WWII ' VN and still as relevent as the day they rolled out of the arsenal. All of them proved to very accurate @ 100yds using iron sights, with the right shooter.

·
Gold Bullet member
557 Posts
I watched it and wondered what was wrong with the guy shooting the 1903. I'm not a crack shot but after 30 rounds at 100 yards you would think luck might play a factor and hit the target at least once. The shooters all seem to do well with and like the SVT and Mosin.

·
Registered
19,271 Posts
This was not a show on TOP SHOT.

This was the special olympics for those who cannot shoot anything but a scoped rifle.

And that one guy with the 03 was hardly a marksman.

Hellen Keller could out shoot with iron sights all those on that show.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Did I see the same show? I did not watch all but I saw a segment about sniping and yes, they mentioned a famous sniper from Russia using the M91/30 and of course I saw a nice display from a U.S. sniper. Also saw a target shooter using pistols and rifles doing things I can only dream about. Very cool when he shot that fishing line.

·
Registered
67 Posts
On the 1903, isn't the sight on a 1903 Springfield battle zeroed to 300yds? We wondered about this all day at work. Anyway if the rifle was set at 300yds, he'd be hitting high. Granted he was shooting at a big orange target, but the absence of anything around it would make it hard for him to see his impacts. If the spotter isn't looking for that they're both in the dark. He would have just kept repeating his high hits without a clue.

The other team ran circles around them.
JAR

·
Registered
258 Posts
Guys,
Go to The History channel web sight they have it listed to watch on demand. Watched it last night. The best thing about watching it on demand there are only 3 commercials and when they start to draw things out you just fast forward. The best thing is that you can make the talking shit crap after they go back to the house a lot shorter. Makes for a much better show.

Mark

·
Registered
161 Posts
If I want to watch a "reality show" I'll watch Survivor or some of that other crap they call 'good viewing'. Top Shot has very, very little to do with who is the best shot. I watched the first show and that will be the last show I watch as well.

·
Silver Bullet member
842 Posts
On the 1903, isn't the sight on a 1903 Springfield battle zeroed to 300yds? We wondered about this all day at work. Anyway if the rifle was set at 300yds, he'd be hitting high. Granted he was shooting at a big orange target, but the absence of anything around it would make it hard for him to see his impacts. If the spotter isn't looking for that they're both in the dark. He would have just kept repeating his high hits without a clue.

The other team ran circles around them.
JAR
Battle zero is 547 yards....If he'd bothered to actually familiarize himself with it when they "parcticed" the day before, he would have figured that out.
usrifle

·
Registered
957 Posts
Battle zero is 547 yards....If he'd bothered to actually familiarize himself with it when they "parcticed" the day before, he would have figured that out.
usrifle
Both of my 1903 Springfields shoot about 10"- 12" high at 100yds using the battle sight with 150 grain ball. Others may vary. With the leaf up the lowest setting using the small aperture is "dead-on" at 100 yds. Was shooting one about three hours ago...

Tiledude

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.