Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,883 Posts
What rifle are they talking about. The Martini's for the most part have set the market price and perhaps some of the best Martini's to be on the market for years.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front stuffers

I have one of the Non Brit made Martinis and it is nice but unsure if it came from that collection. The ones I am interested in mostly are the Muzzle loaders! Have you seen any of them?

·
Registered
14,762 Posts
Helped a friend clean up one. Genrealy good bores but dirty from sitting around for a hundred years. However if you are unhappy with what you get, they are very good at exchanging them.

·
Super Moderator
3,883 Posts
I have one of the Non Brit made Martinis and it is nice but unsure if it came from that collection. The ones I am interested in mostly are the Muzzle loaders! Have you seen any of them?
Non Brit made Martini...sounds like one the Khyber Pass specials and not from IMA.

I suggest you read this post on the Martini board A Khyber Pass failure

You might also want to visit MartiniHenry.Com to learn more about Martini's.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Martini

No Double D, The one I have is the Nepalese Gahendra Martini Rifle.
Anyway,I have 8 martinis in my humble collection of 600 pieces that started in 62.
The ones I was interested in is the early muzzle loaders,NOT MARTINIs!

Have a great story for you guys and girls ,call it a little fun for putting up with me.

A few weeks ago I went to a party at one of these private lake/subdivisions in Va. ,At the gate is a sign; "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" . I told my friend who was our host,This is not the place for me to live", She responded ,Well ya just do not tell them that you own a gun!

My response: WHEN I START MOVING CANNONS IN, I THINK THEY WILL KNOW!

Have fun guys,
Johnny G

·
Super Moderator
3,883 Posts
Nepalese Gahendra Martini Rifles are good. The fellows over on the Martini board have a few. They can help you get yours shooting. The bores are small on most and require slugging to get teh correct bullet size.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,785 Posts
I am very pleased with my snider rifle. Rifling is crisp, finish is a bit worn but the stock has very few dings. The bayonet was a poor fit, to large for the barrel and looked hand made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts