Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks -

The 90/30 arrives and I have snapped some closeups of the details. Some interesting features, but I don't know if any are deifining for where/what it has been and gone through. Maybe raises some additional question?

Still retains 8x50 rear sight settings. Has a banded front sight, bar added to lower band. Despite listing it is all matching to the original receiver serial number (receiver, bolt and stock). Enigmatic KK marking is KK/6.

The receiver has a single Bulgarian Lion on the right side and it looks original to the receiver??? :confused:

The Bulgarian bolt has the "Circled B" stamps (as seen on the MN's) on the bolt body and safety lever, where you would see a K or R. ??

Not sure what the other numbers on the barrel and receiver are. Anyone else ever see serial numbers stamped like this? They remind me of the Civil Guard stamps on Finn Mosins.

So..... there it is. Nice little piece though. Good bore and should make a nice shooter!

- Best Regards! Mike

·
Administrator
12,270 Posts
...The receiver has a single Bulgarian Lion on the right side and it looks original to the receiver??? :confused:
Congratulations! Although the lion makes me quite envious...

..The Bulgarian bolt has the "Circled B" stamps (as seen on the MN's) on the bolt body and safety lever, where you would see a K or R. ??
The K or R would be on the back of the cocking piece and on the bottom of the bolt head.

As far as "circle B's" relation to Bulgaria - I tend to doubt it as far as Mosins go. Here is the same "circle B", but on the bolt of a Portuguese Mannlicher Mo.896:

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nick -

Most interesting on the Circle B's, especially on the Portugese... are you thinking Steyr?

Seems like there is a lot of 'spongy' info floating around on some of these markings. This is the first time I have seen this on an M9x rifle. Of course I don't often dabble in the post-war period.

- Best Regards! Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are lion stamps desirable? 'Cuz I passed up an M95 at Big 5 that had what looked like a Czech lion stamp on it. I bought a counterbored 91/30 Tula Mosin instead, because I like mosins and have NO supply of ammo for the M95's... I should get one though...

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Hello nice piece, as You could see the bolt and reciever is bulgarian lion stamped, so looks, the T stamp is certainly not czechoslovak origin, so for me is no way to think the KK6 should be, when its a bulgarian rework or a near country rework, as bulgarian weapons werent buy to Czechoslovakia. best regards,Andy

·
Administrator
12,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello nice piece, as You could see the bolt and reciever is bulgarian lion stamped, so looks, the T stamp is certainly not czechoslovak origin, so for me is no way to think the KK6 should be, when its a bulgarian rework or a near country rework, as bulgarian weapons werent buy to Czechoslovakia. best regards,Andy

Hi Andy -

Hmmmm....., so maybe those 91/38 Mosins were actually from Bulgaria??? ;)

- Best Regards! Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.