Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I just signed up of the forums today to ask for a favour. this seems like a good place to ask.

I'm a 3D modeller and i make a good amount of guns for the projects i'm involved in.
my current task is the lovely enfield Enforcer, which is great because i like doing rifles with lots of wood.

i have a good bit of reference. Some i have found on the internet such as sites like deactivated guns.co.uk. I also have some reference pics i took when i was at an Airshow earlier this year. There was a Display with an enforcer, and the owner allowed me to take a few shots.

I'm really lacking in detail shots of the bolt and ejection area though, and its proving to be a bit of a struggle to figure out how this section is made. I have lots of side angle views but not much in the way of decent views looking down on this section. tops views etc

I'm wondering if anyone can supply me with detail images of this mechanical part of the gun from various angles. The bolt in and out. Scope on and off, and maybe some pics of the mag out.

i would be very appreciative of any help.

i have browsed the forum a little to see if there has been stuff posted so far but not much luck.

Cheers

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI BeerHunter. thanks for the link, although i found that one yesterday. its useful but not close up enough.

what was useful was the fact you told me the bolt is just the same No4 Lee enfield. i done a google search and found some high rez blow up drawings which are great for comparing to picture reference.
i'm can see how similar the 4 is to the enforcer in my ref.

anyway i feel more prepared now. i should get on ok ! amazing what a word change in google image search can do.

heres that blow up
http://www.mek-schuetzen.de/Blueprints/Lee_Enfield_No4_Mk_1.gif

from
http://www.mek-schuetzen.de/Sites/drawing_box.htm

cheers

· Registered
1,192 Posts
The Enforcer is identical to a No4 between the butt socket and the stock mid band. The butt is a standard Parker Hale Monte Carlo found on many other rifles. The Enforcer has a rear scope mount identical in shape to a standard No4 sight, but it has a small Parker hale block screwed to the knox form.

Let me know which precise angle you want, and I'll post the pics.

· Registered
544 Posts
Were Parker Hale PH5C micrometer rear sights ever fitted to Enfocers?

· Registered
1,192 Posts
Were Parker Hale PH5C micrometer rear sights ever fitted to Enfocers?
I don't think so - because a PH5C would foul the scope mounts fit without an adaptor.

The PH5E4 was designed as a universal sight that could be used on either Enfield or Mauser actions, so the sight body is actually attached to a mounting plate (where a PH5C is all one piece).

The mounting plate actually sets the sight body about 1/8" to the left of the receiver, compared to a PH5C or TZ 4/47. This small amount of offset then allows the scope to me mounted and the rear scope ring to avoid fouling the quick-release on the target sight.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was wondering about the stock because i did notice variations in my reference. so far i have the No4 style stock with the cheek peice lump on top, but i'm thinking i'll change it. the parker hale is sleeker.

thunderbox, if you are willing to do a pic or 2 then an angle like the pic below, but from the directions of the arrow would be useful. thats all i need i think.

I've noticed a few different scopes. the one i have chose is in the pic link below. i like it it because an older fashioned appeal to it. can anyone tell me some info on it?

http://www.rjholloway.co.uk/l42a1-7.jpg

· Registered
1,192 Posts
i was wondering about the stock because i did notice variations in my reference. so far i have the No4 style stock with the cheek peice lump on top, but i'm thinking i'll change it. the parker hale is sleeker.

I've noticed a few different scopes. the one i have chose is in the pic link below. i like it it because an older fashioned appeal to it. can anyone tell me some info on it?

http://www.rjholloway.co.uk/l42a1-7.jpg
The rifle in your photo is an L42 sniper rifle - so its the wrong rifle (Mk1 instead of Mk2), and has the wrong scope and bracket. The "Enforcers" were built to a specific pattern; they all had the same Parker Hale components fitted, and the great majority had the long Pecar scope fitted as standard.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ah i thought the L42 was the enforcer!

ok so i guess in the pic below, second from bottom is the L42 sniper, the very bottom being the Enforcer. The differences being in scope, butt, front sights.

Thanks for those other images, these are helpful!

infact, can i ask for similar views with the scope attached. i'm guessing the back sight connectors you have attached then unattached in your pcis get in the way of the scope fitting. Also does the scope fit with a dovetail style groove on the back mounting? i can see it does on the front.

· Silver Bullet Member
476 Posts
I am led to believe that the Enforcer used Parker Hale mounts.

Part numbers probably BA21 for the rear (replaces rear sight)
Front dovetail base BA20.

I got a couple of BA21's from Numrich earlier this year, in bare metal form.

Watch out though, there are two different dovetail widths in these type of bases from Parker Hale. List No BB21 is the narrower of the two.

· Registered
579 Posts
3D Modeller?

Will you be making a non firing replica gun or modifying an existing firearm/de-ac to resemble an Enforcer? I only ask because I'm unsure what you mean by "3D Modeller".

· Registered
1 Posts
Will you be making a non firing replica gun or modifying an existing firearm/de-ac to resemble an Enforcer? I only ask because I'm unsure what you mean by "3D Modeller".
by strange co-incidence, I'm also a 3d modeller, looking for reference for exactly the same firearm, who chanced on this thread in a google search :) So, I expect that by "3d modeller", what is meant is a virtual model, created in a 3d modelling application, for use in an animation, in film, video-game, or other related media. Effectively it's a Computer-Aided-Design style blueprint, either very detailed for film, or slightly less detailed for a videogame, and with a photo-realistic skin over it, so when it's drawn on screen it looks like the real thing... Good luck, wallsofwillis, enjoy your polycount. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.