Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
What do I see?

Baribal,

I watched the video on the Zoli but I'm not sure what I am supposed to see. I am not fluent in the language. Can you help me out?

SD Hunter

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SD Hunter,

This Zoli is the HVA-Carl Gustav design.... the thing is there's nothing happening... Meaning that we can believe the Zoli is made as good as the CG were... So, I think there might be no more speculations about the quality of construction of the Zoli.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thank you

Baribal,

Thanks for the info. I have only looked at pictures of the Zoli and have never handled one. However, I have several Husqvarna 1900s. I have never overloaded any handloads so I have done "no destructive testing." But I have such a high regard for the 1900 design that I believe it would take something very unusual to be destructive or dangerous. I hope at some point I can find a Zoli 1900 that is affordable.

Thanks again,

SD Hunter

·
Registered
39 Posts
All the actions held. It's intesting to note that the Browning A-Bolt and the Remington both resulted it badly ruptured barrels.

I'd love to see a translation as well. I went Altavista babelfish and it didn't off a Swedish translation.

Jason

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Actions seldom fail due to structural or material fault in modern guns. Interesting thing about modern bolt gun blowups is that, reading the forensic studies conducted afterwards, most involve high pressures and handloads. Not all, but most. Point is, itś almost always excessive pressure. And that is something we can control by good loading practices and attention to detail. Itś vitaly important with antiques due to design and steels used.
All there is between you and hot gas isnṫ steel, itś that thin piece of brass. Kind of dramatic and not true in all designs, but it usually gets the attention of new handloaders.
Dennis

·
Silver Bullet member
48,760 Posts
school teacher

that is what ive been talking about:D. daniel phillips wv. im back:eek:. aka <>< school teacher

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hey Dan, good to have you back also. I thought you got lost in Cyberspace.

That test mentioned wasn't very scientific, to make an understatement. But there might be bits of interesting information there anyway. I'll try to do a quick translation when things cool down a bit. We're having quests this weekend, and I'm cooking moose.
Oh yes, that reminds me... Didn't we start a recipe thread?

Pettson

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cooking thread

Yes, Pettson,
Were you lost in the woods?
It's there! I gave a couple of my secret receipes..
As per I see, you got your Moose, too.
I had my 9.3 spitting, too (I posted a pic).
Can't wait for your translation of the test...

·
Silver Bullet member
48,760 Posts
lost in space

my avatar tells it all :eek:<><school teacher

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I bought a Zoli in .243 WIN last year from Allan, thinking it was an HVA 1970. I don't regret it, it's a beautiful and very accurate rifle. I put a Leupold 6x18 scope on it to take full advantage of the .243 WIN ballistics and flat trajectory. There is a long thread on Zolis with some great contributions on their history from a number of people but the pictures are gone.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=745&highlight=zoli

Here's a few pictures of mine for those interested in these rifles. This Zoli seems to prefer 100 grain bullets over 75 grain bullets. It placed commercial Federal Power Shok and HSM SBPT rounds with comparable accuracy at 100 yards. I believe this to the most accurate rifle I own. The next two are an M41B and a ZFK55 swiss sniper.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I used to do lots of "scientific" (most commonly called "comparative") destructive testings at work and the only and most important point is consistancy. If all the guns were the same caliber, used with the same load, with the same obstruction in the barrel, then it is scientific. The way one does interprete the results may be "not scientific", but if all the points were respected (the manner) and if the testing can be reproduced with the same results, then it can be claimed as "scientific".

Anyways, I would not go into any conclusions before having read a serious translation of it.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I think he needs a pressure transducer on his forehead, a rate gyro on his neck, a velocity transducer somewhere, but being linear, it may not give an accurate reading, and a g-meter located in the middle of his brain. He's giving plenty of data points over and over and over....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts