Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a registered KM be transferred from an owner in one state through a Class 3 dealer in another and on to a non-licensed individual in the Class 3 Dealer's state?

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The KM owner brought it back from Japan during the occupation and registered it during the amnesty. He's not a dealer. It's my understanding (?) he, the owner, can pay $200 and transfer it to a Class 3 dealer in another state, the KM goes on that dealer's book and the dealer can transfer it to someone in the dealer's state that does not have a C&R. The knee mortar is a C&R item. My question is can a Class 3 dealer transfer a DD to an unlicensed person in his state?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
ronin 48 writes:

>My question is can a Class 3 dealer transfer a DD to an unlicensed person in his state?<

Yes. It transfers from the instate dealer to the individual on tax paid form 4, fingerprints, picture, citizen cert and CLEO signature. Buyer must insure prior to purchase that he can get a sign-off in his locality by his chief law enforcement officer.

Bob Naess

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.