Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,940 Posts
More Stupid In Some States

At the federal level, they pretty well have to pander to the East Coast and West Coast states that have a high number of electoral votes, with neither of those areas being well known for their common sense politicians.

In the midwest, democrats here tend to be of the type we saw when Truman was President, with our Democrat governor here being a member of both the NRA and Oklahoma Rifle Association, and our state getting a D- (YES!) from the Brady Bunch.

· Registered
3,940 Posts
All,
While I'm registered Republican, and vote that way at the Presidential level (well, except for Ross Perot that one time) a few of the Democratic senators here in Oklahoma received equal to or higher than ratings from the NRA than their Republican counterparts.
None of them received bad ratings.
I voted for them so we'd have more pro Bill of Rights congressmen in DC.

I vote both ways for the governor of this state, as sometimes we get some real goomba Republican candidates whose claim to fame is the fact they played quarterback for the University of Oklahoma.

But, we can get away with that in the midwest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.