Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,105 Posts
It says non-corrosive...
Until you can establish it for certain I would just assume it's corrosive to be safe. In another thread somebody bought some 7.62x39 that was marked "non-corrosive" that turned out to be corrosive, the box style and lettering look somewhat similar to yours. I know you said yours is made in Ukraine and this other stuff is Russian made, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?256313-klimovsk-7-62x39

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I've been running Russian 5.45 thru mine, exclusively, hose it out (with water) before I clean it. I have still seen rust inside the flash suppressor, tho. NOT an issue, I can replace that flassh suppresor, easily enough. Make sure you run water thru the barrel, tho. That'll kill the corrosive aspect...

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,105 Posts
Boy, you were right about this ammo being corrosive. I did a nail test with one and that nail was rusty within two days. I mean REALLY rusty. If anyone else buys this ammo, clean your guns well!!!!

Tmygun
Glad I was able to give you a heads up, I'd hate see anybody rust up a nice firearm thinking they had "non-corrosive" ammo. As soon as I saw the picture of your ammo box it reminded me of the other thread where the guy bought some 7.62x39 marked non corrosive that turned out not to be. I just hate corrosive ammo if you can't tell...LOL Anyhow, I'm glad you know what you've got now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.