Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother is looking for an economical left handed bolt action in .308 or 30.06 for deer hunting and asked me for help. Unfortunately, I only know milsurps. He's currently leaning towards a Savage (he didn't tell me which model) that's $500 including scope. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

-rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you're looking for a good, accurate, inexpensive rifle then in my very uninformed opinion I think your brother is on the right track. Savage makes a great product at its price point. I recommend the accu trigger. The Model 11FL is left handed, has the accu-trigger (2004 and later) and comes in .308.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,234 Posts
Agreed Savage rifle are the best out of the box rifles at this time IMHO and a good sensible caliber too!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the info! I just spoke with my bro- sounds like he's leaning towards the Savage. Today's his b-day, so maybe I'll surprise him.

-rob

·
Registered
449 Posts
I like the Savage and also the new Remington 700 SPS. The SPS is really well done with a standard 24" barrel, and no "j-lock" key safety OR "lawyerese" barrel stampings. A nice respectable rifle at a great price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts