Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
Okay, I was pulling punches: The 92FS is inferior by ten country miles.
It was adopted for being lowest in cost not Best . The SIG beat it hands
down in the Army tests but Sig...costs more.
I have no stake in Beretta, or CZ for that matter. However, lets clear some stuff up. "It was adopted for being lowest in cost (for what was reqired) not Best"

People complain about government wastefull spending and at the same time cry about "lowest in cost and not the best" Its very simple. In these contracts there is stuff other than the gun. Everything is calculate, including airfare for the representetive, hotel, driver....everything. Lots of companies put up the best in hope of the gov paying for it. Luxury flight with caviar on board, 5 star suite hotel room, private driver vs a cab. This is in the contract too because thats what it costs the company. Then you have the price of raw material. Say it costs $2 to make the plastic grips.....well now we write $15. The price goes up little by little and in the end we have people on the internet crying that the gov buyes the cheapest, insinuating that its sub par when in fact its just not over inflated

·
Banned
2,173 Posts
I'm not so sure that all the gun shop stories stories about other handguns beating the Beretta in the 1984, then 1989 followup test are correct. From everything I've read, I believe the Beretta was right at the top. I do remember the deciding factor was cost, but I don't think they picked an inferior handgun.

I've own or have owned Beretta, Sig, CZ's, etc. and have been happy with all of them.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I started out with a Beretta 92 and CZ75. Sold the Beretta and bought a second CZ75. You can see what I think.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Strictly personal I prefer the CZ75 design to the 92, feels better and I prefer a frame mounted safety to slide mounted in large service sized pistols. I also like the option of cocked and locked carry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.