Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think they are called M48.Anyway,gun is is what I call very good.The biggest downfall is that it don't have a matching bolt,and the action is slightly loose in the stock.It has a decent bore,although there are some "ripples" in the first few inches of the throat.Oh,the gun came from North China Arms a few years ago,so the gun is definately not junk.

C

·
0 Posts
Wld. Bill and I picked up a couple awhile back for a little over $100. for both of them. The guy that had them said that they wouldn't fire. We cleaned the cosmoline out of them and they both were fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nicer examples, VG+ or better and matching have been going for $150-$300 so prices are not stable. One like you describe, maybe $100-$125.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I picked up an almost mint condition, all matching WZ 48 about 3 years ago at a gunshow for $99.

It was mixed in with the $99 M91/30's the dealer had on his table. It was marked as a Russian M91/30.

I snagged it up and told the guy I would take this one. He never even noticed it wasn't a M91/30. :D

I agree with RObinSC on the prices.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like I need to keep this one a while.I was just looking at my guns and picking the ones out that I can sell.Said prices are a little short(not much) of what I paid,and I hate to loose money on a gun.I actually got this with my C+R because of the date.At the time I was looking at them,I think most were non-C+R,and would of cost more money to have a dealer order.I've been playing with 22s instead of milsurps lately,and while neat,the trainers I have including the Polish,a Romanian 69,and a Romanian single shot,are my least favorite guns,which is odd because I shoot milsurps and 22s only.The Polish is the only one I can sell,as the others were gifts.I'm still looking at my collection to see what else I can stand to part with.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
The last wholesaler to offer them, MGS, sold them at $189. Anything less (see above) was a real deal or happened years ago.

SlimTim

·
Registered
770 Posts
The cheapest I've seen one lately was 249.00.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Does your rifle have the archer logo or the 11 in an oval? The archers were only on the first year of production and bring a premium.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts