Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked one up today at a show, missing the magazine (aren't they all?) and swivels. About 85-90% blue, and stock is about good. Paid $130 for it. How'd I do?

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
you got robbed. CMP sells them for 75 bucks plus shipping (no mag), and from the reviews of them, folks have been getting brand new ones from ANNISTON. I hope at least you got the sights, because they come with the gun from CMP, otherwise you really got a hard riding in the caboose, with no reach around.

The ones I eyeballed at the NORTH STORE were in very nice condition, not too much of banged up stock and the bluing was about what you describe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Charley1 you did AOK. The prices on US44 Mossbergs is $175.00, I know this for a fact as I purchased 2 in Oct., both in great condition but I hand picked my own. If you want to check this further check the CMP web site at www.odcmp.com.

·
Registered
95 Posts
moss 22

You did ok at 140.00, If someone finds 75.00 rifles buy all of them that you can.

and that reach around comment is uncalled for.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link, they're a bit cheaper than other sources. Most auction/sale sites have M44's listed for $175 to $300 and up, depending on condition, of course. As for the "reach around" comment, I'm an admin on a couple of other shooting boards, I've deleted my share of Saturday night drunken nonsense. I just figure they are uncultured morons and don't pay attention to them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a possability you may have to adjust the lips on the mag to get it to work on your rifle. One I had to other one not, no big thing really. Havlin Sales give excellent service and are good people to deal with.

·
Registered
338 Posts
That's a fine looking rifle!

At $130, I'd have bought it up a quick as I could get the money out. That's a great deal, IMO.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Looks like you did great to me! That's one fine looking rifle.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
you guys are talking about 2 different rifes. The cmp rifles are US property marked and worth a lil more then a 44(c) post war civilian model. however the civilian models have walnut stocks and I prefer them to US property guns. 140 bucks is a good price and the scope is worth 50 bucks (in good condition) this one can be repaired easy. CMP 44's have not been 75 dollars for at least 5 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts