Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Birmingham Gun Show last night, Friday.....I stumbled upon a so called Mauser Dovitis, Uruguayan Model, in 6.5 make-it-yourself. Unlike the usual examples of this fine gun, this one was 90% or better condition and complete, and the numbers are matching, except for the wood screws, which apparently they did not re-number at St Denis. There was one little problem, the middle band spring was jammed in. Now I know why most of these I have encountered have broken band springs, inexperienced persons have tried to fix this by driving the spring pin out, without gently prying the end with a thin tool.....Other than that, this one was just fine...pix will be posted later.

Dale

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a cure for Dovitis???

Edmond: I will post the pix later, the one I got is just about mint. I got the dies and brass with the rifle. Hurley and I will load and fire in my yard, and report on the results. Has anyone ever seen the correct bayonet for this rare jewel, since Homer Brett sold the last one in 1972???

Dale

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Bayonet...

I have found a pix of this bayonet on the above mentioned link. I will make one myself. Thanks for the info...and link, Edmond...I appeciate the web site.

Dale

1 - 5 of 5 Posts