Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be very appreciative to see any pics you guys might have of Danish and Norwegian Krags. I just got my first Krag, a Norwegian 1912 carbine a week ago, and I am very interested in them now.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Grant: do you mean pictures of the arms themselves or historical photos of them in use?

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Here are some historical pics:

1. U.S. Cavalry trooper circa 1900 with, what appears to be a M1896 or early M1898 Krag carbine
2. Buffalo Solider in dress blues & marksmanship medals
3. Moro datu with a Krag & kris (mean looking, little SOB isn't he?)
4. Nicarauguan militia with Krags circa 1920
5. Krag-armed Norwegian soldiers outside of Narvik during the German invasion

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are nice pictures. Especially the one from Norway.
I just wanted to see any pics of the rifles. Still really haven't seen any from Denmark yet on the board.

·
Registered
143 Posts
M/1912

Here are some pictures of my M/1912 Short Rifle. Sorry about the quality, but I figured I would take them tonight rather than wait until I had daylight (and probaly forgot). The bayonet lug, if there was one has been ground off long ago. The patins where it should have been matches the rest of the nose cap. The cleaning rod hole has been plugged with a wooden dowel long ago. It is all matching, was made in 1916, and the serial number is 13019.

-Mb

Dangit. I have to shrink them down some before I can post them. :(

·
Registered
402 Posts
I picked this one up a few months ago but sold it the other day. I've owned 3 Norwegian Krag's over the past couple of years and for whatever reason I just can't seem to find one that doesn't have a headspace issue. Go fish..

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Here's a historical photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ok, rather than selling them off for that, why don't you just reload cartridges specifically for it? Fireform the cases to fit that gun, and then just neck size them when you reload. If you only use those cases in that particular gun, the headspace problem becomes moot. Think of it as a cheap to reload wildcat or something.

-Mb

I picked this one up a few months ago but sold it the other day. I've owned 3 Norwegian Krag's over the past couple of years and for whatever reason I just can't seem to find one that doesn't have a headspace issue. Go fish..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a Krag 1916 with serial 13044. That is within the same as your range. Not to far off. Mine is in almost unused condition and I think about 7927 of these models made it to the US in the1950's so we are very Lucky to have these. Mine is all matching. The stock has checkering done to it but it just makes it look that much more beautiful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts