Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows if bolts are available anywhere for the Dane Krag rifle, and if so, about how expensive might one be?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Hello Elokoman
I do not have one for sale right now, but I do see them on E-bay once in a while (not sure if they are still allowed) for about $75.00

John

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John

that is good to know, I am strongly considering a purchase of my first Scandinavian Krag, but was a bit concerned because the bolt is not matching, and if it may become a problem to find a replacment one, in the event the one it has does not head space properly.

I had been looking for a Norwegian Krag, and kick myself for not buying on sight the one I saw at a gun show about 5 years ago. I have only seen ones with cut stocks since then, now this Danish Krag has become available, although it is not inexpensive. Since I have family roots that include both Norway and Denmark, either rifle would have some meaning and heritage that I can pass down to my kids and grandkids. Since I am also into WW II bolt rifles, reports that Denmark troops still carried the Krag when Germany invaded make it perhaps even more significant for my collection. Unfortunately, I am very ignorant about these rifles, and don't want to make a mistake.

thanks again for responding.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I am looking for one too. I bought a Danish Krag last summer without bolt and am keeping my eye out for one. Is ebay still allowing the listing of items like antique rifle bolts?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Elokoman - so you're of Nowegian descent. I assume that means you like Lutkefisk? LOL I'm of Danish descent on my mother's side and my grandfather always told me that Danes were more "civilized" than the Norwegians and Swedes. Ah, regionalism survives!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Elokoman - so you're of Nowegian descent. I assume that means you like Lutkefisk? LOL I'm of Danish descent on my mother's side and my grandfather always told me that Danes were more "civilized" than the Norwegians and Swedes. Ah, regionalism survives!
That's not what I saw when I was in the area; although I would only caution that the Berserker does come out when alcohol is applied to some of the good folks from Scandinavia.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For some reason that lutefisk just never appealed too much to me, could it be that rotting fish smell mixed with lye? Or maybe the fact that it looked like something that might have fallen off a leper? I was more interested in the lefse. Grandma used to come up with some interesting things to eat, rommegrot, sutsuppe, futtigman, krumkake.

If I hear about any bolts, I will let you guys know. By the way, I will be needing a knob for the loading gate on the Dane, so if you have any ideas where I can find that, please let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts