Gunboards Forums banner

Dan Wesson gap question

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Draybo 
#1 ·
Recently I received a Dan Wesson 15-2 VH with an 8" barrel. When I shoot it at the range, it spits stuff back at me. I have a number of other revolvers, but don't experience this with any of them but the Dan Wesson. After doing research, I've found that the gap between the cylinder and the forcing cone should be .006. My gap appears to be .015. Since I don't have the special tool that I need, is this safe to shoot? Could I damage the weapon?

#2 ·
Personally I would stop shooting it until the gap was correctly set. I once shot a revolver with a similar condition and drew blood from the guy standing next to me. So there you have similar "operating experience". So do the right thing.

Draybo

#7 ·
Yay!

These are great revolver's. What seems to be the norm is mid range loads with heavier bullets work best.

Velocity Villan, load wise you are right on the money. Mid range loads with heavy bullets. Good for YOU doing the safest thing and setting her down until you correct the issues. *chuckle*

Draybo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.