Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to 14 months of unemployment I hadn't been to a gun show in quite a while. Started work last week and decided to go today. Market Hall is a big show and this was the most crowded I have seen it, at least while I was there. They had opened an entrance at the other end of the hall to help with lines. Other than the guys at MGS and Lee's Gun Parts. I didn't see anyone I knew. Saw no Makarovs, 3 Nagants, and about a dozen Mosins.

Most of the Mosins were refurbed M90/30s, nothing special. I did see a US property marked Westinghouse in decent shape for $400. I was tempted, but really needed to buy ammo. Saw a 1945 Izhevsk M44, kind of beat up, marked $550, a Bannerman that looked like it had been updated with new sights for $500, a M91/30 with a modern scope, and a Romanian M44. Don't remember the price on the last 2. Most of the M90/30s were at MGS as were 2 of the Nagants. The other Nagant was a refurbed 1931 priced at $195!

Ended up with about 850 rounds in 5 different calibers, a 32oz bottle of Hoppes #9, and a pound of shelled pecans. Still looking for a few guns to round out my collection. Didn't find them today.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I went to the last show they had there. Sounds like a total reverse. My buddies picked up a couple of 1903s and I got a Finned M91 for $125. There was a T53 in hindsight I should have bought as well. There were a lot of milsurps at that one. Ted was there and the other guy, forgot his name, that buys a lot.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Someone must have snagged the Finned Sestroryetsk with the shortened barrel shank next to the Westinghouse. I was tempted, but I don't really go for the M91's anymore. I think he was asking $275, but it was negotiable. The Westinghouse looked like it was in a Russian stock, and was heavily scrubbed. The markings were faint.

There was a T53 with the bayonet lugs ground off and the stock had a heavy shellac overcoat. Saw that $550 M44. It was a non-refurb all-original matching. Used look. I liked it, but it was at leat $300 too high.

Buckeyesgt: I was at the show before I thought to call you. I went to pick up some .50-70 ammo for my Trapdoor from a guy I contacted through Texas Gun Trader.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was going to head out today, in past I always saw a lot of c&r stuff but hadn't started collecting yet. Sounds like I may be disappointed .... Was hoping to find a Finn

·
Gold Bullet member
38 Posts
Marshall Kregel from Kev Os 4 is there with some nice Finn slings, including some of the oval buckle slings. It is always great to visit with him and see what he has on the table.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I always miss things, but I didn't see any Finns. Not even an M39. There were some vendors who had sheets over their tables. Perhaps some will bring out more for the second day.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I always miss things, but I didn't see any Finns. Not even an M39. There were some vendors who had sheets over their tables. Perhaps some will bring out more for the second day.
I decided to save the tank of gas and go to lewisville next weekend..not as big but there's usually some relic dealers

·
Registered
356 Posts
Someone must have snagged the Finned Sestroryetsk with the shortened barrel shank next to the Westinghouse. I was tempted, but I don't really go for the M91's anymore. I think he was asking $275, but it was negotiable. The Westinghouse looked like it was in a Russian stock, and was heavily scrubbed. The markings were faint.

There was a T53 with the bayonet lugs ground off and the stock had a heavy shellac overcoat. Saw that $550 M44. It was a non-refurb all-original matching. Used look. I liked it, but it was at leat $300 too high.

Buckeyesgt: I was at the show before I thought to call you. I went to pick up some .50-70 ammo for my Trapdoor from a guy I contacted through Texas Gun Trader.
Thats ok, I kind of forgot about it anyway. Just bought a case of ammo, and it's that time of year when my monthly gun money goes toward the kids Christmas gifts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts