Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen/Ladies:

Hoping I am in the right forum.

Back in the early 2000's I started indiscriminately buying firearms. I bought two of these since I heard there might be a problem with the bolts breaking with no replacements available. Since then they have been in the safe without me ever taking them out for a spin.

Had a myocardial infarction (love that phrase) and bypass last year. The old bag is now wanting me to start selling off my pretties before I shuffle off to Buffalo and leave her with them to dispose of. Yeah, yeah I know, but have gotten used to her over the last 40+ years and am too damn old to round file her, since she will probably have to take care of me.

Any idea of what a realistic price for them (as a package) would be? No upgrades, still the old thumbhole stocks. Don't have any pics at this time but could probably figure out how to do that later. Just looking for ball park.

Thanks,

Swabby

·
Registered
383 Posts
Gentlemen/Ladies:

Back in the early 2000's I started indiscriminately buying firearms. I bought two of these since I heard there might be a problem with the bolts breaking with no replacements available. Since then they have been in the safe without me ever taking them out for a spin.

Had a myocardial infarction (love that phrase) and bypass last year. The old bag is now wanting me to start selling off my pretties before I shuffle off to Buffalo and leave her with them to dispose of. Yeah, yeah I know, but have gotten used to her over the last 40+ years and am too damn old to round file her, since she will probably have to take care of me.

Any idea of what a realistic price for them (as a package) would be? No upgrades, still the old thumbhole stocks. Don't have any pics at this time but could probably figure out how to do that later. Just looking for ball park.

Thanks,

Swabby
No the bolt was not the issue. Firing pin did occasionally break to however they are available on line now. MY Daewoo... She has seen a few mods.
Gentlemen/Ladies:

Thanks,

Swabby
The bolt was not issue. It was the firing pin however now days they are available on line. Pic of mine with mods.
Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Airsoft gun

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
It is the post 89 ban model of the K2
Thanks much! I always admired the K2 for the combo of quality aluminum alloy frame of AR 15 style compared to the Kalashnikov stamped metal, yet combined with the dependable Kalashnikov captive gas system and particularly such not demanding the AR design stock aft "protuberance". Evidently the referenced "compliant model" bears the same essential desirable features!
Swabby, sorry to hear of your condition, but... Excuse, speaking some moments & off topic Frankly nowadays it seems many folks "Infarction" inclined, perhaps better to bear such heavy duty red flags & undergo competent treatment! That rather than simply keel over like two former colleagues/friends! One, sixty-one, symptomless prior to collapsing, other fifty-two, dismissing many small clues. Same sad end. I'm eighty & fighting "mobility impaired". My "old lady" fifty & fit! Learned "System Kalashnikov" in her University USSR days. Her "OK with guns; but not on furniture or underfoot!" 'Us', with son, sixteen; yes, really & 6'3"/180! No interest in guns whatsoever! Simply never know what life holds as... The adventure continues!
Long life, Sir! :)
Best & Keep Safe!
John

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Want to trade for a Tavor?

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Hi Bill! Ever been told your Avatar is distracting... If happily so! :) I had to do a bit of reading up on what the heck Tavor. Sadly, in California, I'd expect the delivery to be accompanied be SWAT Team awaiting at the receiving dealer! Pinging on an above Post here, to see how the elections turn out. But my amendment and wider, to see how the SCOTUS gun cases and decisions shape up in the next few years... Assuming I'm still around!
The Tavor does sound like a great gun. The K2 in my estimation is also "great" in terms of, stocks excepted, non-plastic.
Swabby, all the best of health to you as well as turning that gun into cash if desired!
Best & Stay Safe!
John

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info gentlemen. Don't know where I gleaned the bad info about bolt breakage, but glad to know it was wrong. Maybe I can talk her into selling one and keeping one for "just in case".

I envision a time when I will have one rifle, one shotgun and a .45.

When I can figure out how to post pics, will do so. Years ago you had to have a host site to upload pictures from. Is that still the case? Haven't sold any firearms in years so let that account (I think Photo Bucket or some such) go.

iskra: The guy with the sickle is one step behind you, so keep moving. My Pop retired at 62 and started working harder after that just to keep busy. Think that was the only reason he made it to 85. They had me up walking around the day after surgery and after 21+ years in the Navy I was regaling the nurses with some very choice words, but appreciate them getting my posterior in gear.

Bill_in_VA: I better not or will never hear the end of it.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Swabby

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
HEY Swabby! Thanks for the entertaining Thread! Re the "guy with the sickle", right now with my strong willed gal growing up under the hammer & sickle! Her captivating me a couple of decades ago & yet so! Maybe that's "prep"? :)
Re pix. Not difficult to post and no "host site" required for sure! Posting from "Advanced" view, in the overhead tool bar, click on the "paperclip" logo. That's your 'entree' to posting pix. One big key; before hand, to organize them on your own computer to ease locating them for subsequent posting process. I use a dedicated folder. Havin some 'sippin' whiskey handy helps too!

God Bless, Swabby! I'm "mil retired" too! Would be good to have a beer with you some day... Maybe 'if my achieving' that "better place"... as you catch up with me! :)
Best & Stay Safe!
John

·
Banned
12,716 Posts
Same thinf happening to me. Had a stroke about 4 years ago this Decembe, followed wth 5 heart attacks the last couple years. Got 6 stents in me right now.

Have condensed the collection down considerably, still working on it. Wife doesn't want to deal with them. What I do't sell, I have earmarked for a few friends and relatives.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Same thinf happening to me. Had a stroke about 4 years ago this Decembe, followed wth 5 heart attacks the last couple years. Got 6 stents in me right now.

Have condensed the collection down considerably, still working on it. Wife doesn't want to deal with them. What I do't sell, I have earmarked for a few friends and relatives.
Sure hope you're stable & all's better now Hal!
God Bless all you guys! Take care!
John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.