Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some info of what happened,

He finally told me about it being missing, it's been in the past 1-1 1/2 yrs. He didn't want to do a police report because he doesn't want to get one of the grandkids in trouble.?
All the info that I have is a list of his gun serial numbers I made in 1977/1978. Being the ripe old age of 13 knowing/understanding what details should be recorded were minimal at best. Didn't know the factory mark at the time.
Luger DWM .30cal serial # 9234 and was in VG condition.
If anybody has came across it would like to buy it back for him.

Thanks in advance,
Neile Osborne

·
Administrator
3,280 Posts
Keep in mind that with lugers, there should likely be a suffix associated with it; otherwise, you could "find" this serial number and its one of scores that were made with the same serial number. i.e. every 10,000 luger made had a new suffix letter; they made something like 150k in 1917 and 180k (or so) in 1918.

A 30 luger with 4 digit is likely a WW1 luger, but could also be a 1920's era luger.

Ed

·
Registered
435 Posts
I hope that your dad is keeping his gun safe locked now. The story could be much more tragic than a missing gun if another unsecured firearm were to be found by a grandchild or any child for that matter.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Makist
The perp is now 20, thats how it was able to happen.
The problem is not "grandchildren/children" they couldn't get in the storage.

edward tinker
I was 13 when made the list, don't remember a suffix then or the few times seeing it afterwards.

Thanks

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,413 Posts
Makist
The perp is now 20, thats how it was able to happen.
The problem is not "grandchildren/children" they couldn't get in the storage.

edward tinker
I was 13 when made the list, don't remember a suffix then or the few times seeing it afterwards.

Thanks
Perp goit a drug problem, perhaps? If so, he neeeds to be in trouble and needed to be in trouble back when this happened. I understand grand-dad not wanting to get one of his grand-kids in dutch with the cops, but he really did the boy no favors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts