Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Latest catalog from R Guns shows VZ58 high capacity rifle with an original military folding stock. Looks like someone is finally making the US parts so a conversion can be done. Not too thrilled with the pistol grip - looks like a US made SAW type. Price is $950 for converted, and $650 for unconverted.
Anyone own one???? Curious to hear report and see better pictures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Friends: Full stock parts kits for these rifles (I'm not sure how complete they are, see www.floridagunworks.com) are available for $160. Can anyone help me figure out what it would take to turn such a kit into a fully functional (and USA/Maryland legal) 7.62X39 rifle? I would also welcome comments from anyone who owns one of these or has shot one. Thank you.

·
Gold Bullet member
147 Posts
Friends: Full stock parts kits for these rifles (I'm not sure how complete they are, see www.floridagunworks.com) are available for $160. Can anyone help me figure out what it would take to turn such a kit into a fully functional (and USA/Maryland legal) 7.62X39 rifle? I would also welcome comments from anyone who owns one of these or has shot one. Thank you.
check-out Centerfire systems.com web page. There last flyer listed the folder kit for $50.

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
I have been told these are hard to put together - Buying one made might be the best bet. As for Maryland - Can not help as I do not know all the laws there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you Mike and Tuco. (btw The Good the Bad, and the Ugly is a great movie!) Mike, you are correct, my price estimate was 2-3 times too high for the parts. I am embarassed to have shortly found that the receivers for the VZ-58 run around $400 or so. I guess cheapskates like me will stick with our SKS rifles. Thanks for the advice, Tuco. I'm no gunsmith and I will be cautious before I try to assemble a VZ-58. You guys are great. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
The VZ58 is very easy to build and a much better rifle to shoot than an AK. Although, it is probably the same price or less to buy one already made. It is easier to build than an AK and pretty much just a matter of putting the parts together. The VZ58 folding and fixed stocks also interchange.

Ohio Ordnance Works has receivers with the 922r U.S. made parts for about $650 the last time I checked. Center Fire has Czech made receivers for a couple hundred less but no 922r parts. Its been a while since I built mine but if I remember right you need 5 U.S. parts and the barrel must have a permanently fixed extension to make it the legal length.

Also, stay away from Florida Gun Works. If you use a credit card with them cancel it imediatly. Do a search on them and see what I mean.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
For CFS Slovak receivers you can send them to the Firing Line and for $230 they mill it out to high-cap specs and install their 922 parts. Cost wise save up a few dollars more and go buy a "real one" from CZ-USA for $799.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts