Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this Czech surplus 46 grain hollow core low recoil ammo on a site. Has anyone used this stuff? Does it shoot well at 100 yards? It might be a nice alternative on days when I don't feel like beating up my shoulder. Opinions please.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,622 Posts
It is a great ammo for low-recoil situations (I have an old shoulder injury, and I wanted a round that wouldn't have too harsh recoil for my GF to shoot)...

...It was VERY accurate out to 50 yards...don't know beyond that (I have heard that 100 yards is the max. for this round)...

...also...it makes your barrel VERY sooty, black and tarry...not as green as other types of corrosive ammo, but it seemed to clean up faster!!...

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,638 Posts
Kids love um.

I have read that they are more accurate through a carbine. But many have also stated they do fine through an M1891/30. Don't know. I'm buying a case anyway. I have nephews and nieces that want to shoot my "big guns". :)

·
Gold Bullet member
2,123 Posts
I've shot quite a bit of this stuff, I think it's like any ammo, some guns like it, some don't. Ones that like it shoot pretty well out to 100y-that's the furthest I've tried it.

·
Silver Bullet Member
6,348 Posts
I've had really good luck with this ammo at 100 yds. The group size is almost as good as the Russian LB. I've used it in a Finnish M39 and a Russian M91/30, and even tried a few rounds in my PSL54C. It will cycle the action in the PSL, but it won't feed reliably because of the round bullet shape.

·
Copper Bullet member
9,736 Posts
Low accuracy at 100 yds., but gives a big bang and a HUGE ball of flame from an M38 or M44. Lots of fun to shoot.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,622 Posts
...oh, yeah...I forgot to mention that!!...

BIG Bang!!!...HUGE Fireball!!...I mean, seriously!!...

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,763 Posts
I shoot it quite a bit on a 100 yard indoor range. As mentioned, some rifles it'll shoot good from, others not so much. It's fairly accurate up to a 100 yards, if there is no wind, but I'd say that 100 yards is about max distance you'll have a chance of getting good results. Great ammo to introduce new shooters to Mosins, or to catch the attention of fellow shooters ...on a dim indoor range the muzzle blast is huge :)
I think the ammo is a bit overpriced compared to regular surplus ammo, but as you wrote - if you don't feel like having your shoulder beat up it might be the way to go :)

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
Dang! Now I really feel old! I can't hit a thing with that stuff over 50 yards! 100 yards was ridiculous for me with that stuff. Sure is impressive looking and sounding in a carbine like they said. Bill

·
Silver Bullet Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it will be fun to bring down to my parent's house. I can let my 11 year-old nephew let it rip with my M38! The price wasn't too bad -- $149.95 plus $16 shipping for 648 rds.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,763 Posts
I think it will be fun to bring down to my parent's house. I can let my 11 year-old nephew let it rip with my M38! The price wasn't too bad -- $149.95 plus $16 shipping for 648 rds.
Yep, and I suspect the short range ammo is somewhat limited in supply, especially compared to regular surplus ammo - so if you want some it's not a bad idea to stock up a bit. Think I might order some more later tonight too
I think your 11 year old nephew will love shooting it :)

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,763 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,412 Posts
I got it from them as well when they had the 50 cal ammo can filled with loose rounds. I think it was somewhere between 600 and 700 rounds for about $100, IIRC. I have only shot it at stuff, no paper so I'm not quite sure how accurate it is. I did hit the stuff at 50 yards though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.