Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. hope this is the right place to post this (not really sure how this whole thing works, this is my first time here) but i just wanted to post my czech mauser and would like to know anymore information on it. maby if it is an export or was used in the czech army or if maby it has some history with the germans as i know they also occupied Czechoslovakia in WW2. honestly any information would be useful, thanks.

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
14,781 Posts
Welcome to Gunboards! Your rifle was accepted by the Czechoslovak Army in 1935, then later sent to Spain for the Spanish Civil War, then post SCW was rebuilt in Spain. It is a VZ24 but was built in 1935 using a VZ23 receiver, which is why it has the old style crest. Unfortunately, someone has drilled the receiver for scope mounts and bent the bolt handle.

Zbrojovka Brno (ZB), the manufacturer, had an agreement with the government whereby they could take unused rifles from the Army inventory and sell them on a foreign contract, then replace them in inventory later with a new rifle. That gave them a sales advantage of quick shipping, faster than FN or Mauser.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello everyone. hope this is the right place to post this (not really sure how this whole thing works, this is my first time here) but i just wanted to post my czech mauser and would like to know anymore information on it. maby if it is an export or was used in the czech army or if maby it has some history with the germans as i know they also occupied Czechoslovakia in WW2. honestly any information would be useful, thanks. View attachment 3781594 View attachment 3781595 View attachment 3781596 View attachment 3781597 View attachment 3781598 View attachment 3781599
Hello everyone. hope this is the right place to post this (not really sure how this whole thing works, this is my first time here) but i just wanted to post my czech mauser and would like to know anymore information on it. maby if it is an export or was used in the czech army or if maby it has some history with the germans as i know they also occupied Czechoslovakia in WW2. honestly any information would be useful, thanks. View attachment 3781594 View attachment 3781595 View attachment 3781596 View attachment 3781597 View attachment 3781598 View attachment 3781599
Welcome to Gunboards! Your rifle was accepted by the Czechoslovak Army in 1935, then later sent to Spain for the Spanish Civil War, then post SCW was rebuilt in Spain. It is a VZ24 but was built in 1935 using a VZ23 receiver, which is why it has the old style crest. Unfortunately, someone has drilled the receiver for scope mounts and bent the bolt handle.

Zbrojovka Brno (ZB), the manufacturer, had an agreement with the government whereby they could take unused rifles from the Army inventory and sell them on a foreign contract, then replace them in inventory later with a new rifle. That gave them a sales advantage of quick shipping, faster than FN or Mauser.

wow, this was more than i expected lol. what awesome information, thanks a lot!!!

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Probably saw use in the SCW, but not WW2. It has also gotten a K98k bolt and a banded front sight base with a sight hood added, so possible that it has been rebarreled at some point. The Spanish used rifles pretty much stayed in Spain until the late 50's-early 60's when Sam Cummings of Interarms purchased the entire surplus inventory from Spain. Then most got imported here to the USA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably saw use in the SCW, but not WW2. It has also gotten a K98k bolt and a banded front sight base with a sight hood added, so possible that it has been rebarreled at some point. The Spanish used rifles pretty much stayed in Spain until the late 50's-early 60's when Sam Cummings of Interarms purchased the entire surplus inventory from Spain. Then most got imported here to the USA.
wow, ok. pretty cool thank you 👍🏻🤘🏻

1 - 6 of 6 Posts