Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found these today. Havent taken my makarov caliber pistols out in a while. But i stumbled onto couple packagings i'd never seen before.

Label

Now I have a good reason to get my Bulgarian and my P64 out to the range again.

Anyone have any experience with either of these rounds?

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,031 Posts
The MFS in the green box is brass cased reloadable and flies around 1,000 fps. Good ammo. I always thought the S&B to be more range quality - steel cased and 100 fps slower, but good reliable ammo too.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The MFS in the green box is brass cased reloadable and flies around 1,000 fps. Good ammo. I always thought the S&B to be more range quality - steel cased and 100 fps slower, but good reliable ammo too.
Thanks for the imput NB.

The MFS has a cool ballistics chart on the side of the box displaying ballistic characteristics between 0-100 meteres for a 100mm/4inch barrel. I hadn't taken the time to convert the chart from metric to American standard. 290m/sec at 100meteres. 1000ft/sec at 100 yards looks like about right. (390m/sec at the muzzle--yikes!!)

I passed on all of the usual 9x18 offerings at the gun show yesterday. As my pistol collection has grown, I shoot my makarov caliber pistols a lot less (my Bulgarian Circle 10 is still the most accurate pistol I've ever shot), so when I go to shows I'm always looking for the more obscure commercial packagings and surplus 9x18 ammo.

I really dig the no-nonsense Czechoslovakian boxes.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Guns get dirty when fired, it's just a fact of life. And straight blow-back designs like the Makarov get really sooty after a range session, particularly inside the slide. I thought it was more common with steel cased ammo, but I put two boxes of brass cased ammo through my Bulgy at my last range session and it was filthy. And that was with S&B brass and MFS brass ammo. I always clean my guns well after every shooting session.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.