Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a Czech 52 rifle for sale this evening and have several questions. (It's in the original 7.62x45mm)

Do these rifles have the major parts serialized?
I can see only the serial number on the receiver....is this normal?
Or should it be repeated on any components?

It is in original finish and configuration, and priced at $275.
Is this price ok?

Did this rifle ever see comabt with any of the Iron Curtain countries?
Africa? etc?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
They saw quite a bit of service in africa. Reportedly there were both 7.62x39 and 7.62x45 rifle captured in Grenada. I know of several 7.62x39 rifles captured in Iraq.
I own one, and believe the only SN# part is receiver. Other experts will chime in.
Prices on the 7.62x45 rifles are cheap because of the ammo. What military ammo out there is scarce,, expensive, corrosive, and not reliable. If you want to shoot you'll need to re-load.
$275 sounds right to me, but dependent on condition. Check bore, and stock condition.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I'd recommend that you head over to the Czech board

http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

and post there. You can also seach for a ton of info about the VZ52. It's a great rifle but, as Tom-M points out, ammo is the bugger. You can find it but it's expensive. Making it is not easy, either. Still, a good semi collection needs to have both the 52 and 52/57 in it. Is the stock clear coated or black?

Rome

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The stock is clear coated.
I'd be buying the rifle primarily as a collectible, not a shooter due to the ammo availabilty problem.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
Serialized parts are the stock, handguard inside and receiver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts