Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cz999 which is also known as the other names in thread title. I love this pistol except that after the break in of about 100 rounds, the casings are ejecting into my face about half the time, and the rest go right over my head. Its kinda hard to not flinch when this is about to happen.

What options do I have to stop this? I was thinking about changing the recoil spring to a different strength, but WOLFF doesn't have cz999 listed. The pistol is pretty much a copy of a sig 226, anyone know if those recoil springs would be the same size?

Or anybody else have the same problem with their pistol?

·
Silver Bullet member
36,339 Posts
If it throws them too far it's likely that the recoil spring is too weak for the load you are shooting. If they are +P or +P+ that could be the reason.
The CZ999 uses a braided type recoil spring like a SIG and if its in good shape its probably better than anything Wolff produces. If your loads are right then there's a fault with the pistol, probably a weak spring. Call the distributor about a repair/return - probably Century?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.