Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I picked up a CZ-82 today from a local shop. I have a CZ-83 and absolutely love that thing, so decided I needed to get the 9X18 version as well. I was looking it over and noticed that I couldnt really see any rifling in the barrel but decided that it was just dark and would clean up well. So I took it home and scrubbed the heck out of the bore. Alas, my CZ-82 is basically a smooth bore! I cant believe that this is normal. I have tried to take pictures of it, to show you guys what I am talking about, and these are the best pics I could get. Now, if all the rest of the CZ-82s out there dont have real pronounced rifling, then I wont worry about it any longer. But if you all tell me that this thing is not normal, and has been shot to heck, then I need to know where I may possibly pick up a spare barrel. Can anyone help here?

·
Gold Bullet member
135 Posts
All CZ82 look like they have no rifling. It's a polygonal bore, hence looks smooth

·
Gold Bullet member
7,712 Posts
This question comes up quite often. The polygon rifling on the CZ 82 is nearly impossible to see. There is nothing wrong with your pistol and it will shoot fine. Maybe one of the mods should make this a sticky.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys, there IS a reason why I come to these boards after all! Guess I should have done my research before asking this, but I appreciate your quick responses. Polygonal rifling, who'd of thunk it?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Hehheh...I wanted to send mine back and dealer was preparing to do so. I found it was OK and kept it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts