Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got tired of my CZ82 slinging brass into next county,so got me a 19# Mak spring. clipped a few coils and put her together,with a little effort.went to the range today,brass still going to next county,perceived recoil seems about the same.went to field strip pistol,took both hands ,both feet,and a lot of nasty verbage to get the sucker apart.she has her old spring back now,we both a lot happier. jwr

·
Registered
480 Posts
got tired of my CZ82 slinging brass into next county,so got me a 19# Mak spring. clipped a few coils and put her together,with a little effort.went to the range today,brass still going to next county,perceived recoil seems about the same.went to field strip pistol,took both hands ,both feet,and a lot of nasty verbage to get the sucker apart.she has her old spring back now,we both a lot happier. jwr
Coincidentally, the following link was posted on the Czech Weapons forum of Gunboards a few hours ago.

http://www.miracerros.com/guns/gn_cz82_spring.htm

This explains how (much) to modify a Wolff 19# Makarov spring to work in a CZ-82. Supposedly, as so modified, the spring works just fine, cutting recoil a little and ejection distance by about half.

Was your modification pretty close to the one described in the link?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I left my Wolff spring at 4.130in. my CZ spring is 3.705. I have about 1 1/2 coils more than the other listed spring.so my spring should be a little stouter.I can't see any difference from my CZ spring as far as operation goes. ok,the other thread says ejecting 6-12 ft. vs. twice that. well mine has been in about the 12 ft range with my CZ spring.so my county line is closer then his.I may cut my Wolff spring down closer to my CZ spring length just for a spare.I may have a "non problem" and just not worry about it. jwr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts