Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I won an auction for a CZ82 with two magazines. Based on the pictures and compared to the research I've done, the mags look like the real Mccoy.

I would like to have some spare mags and mag parts saved back. I've heard there are fake magazines out there that have design flaws causing FTF scenarios and you have to fix the fake mags for them to work. I've also read a real authentic magazine will run me $40/ea, and I think I found some online but I don't want to be duped into paying premium for the fake magazines.

What should I look for and what should I ask a seller to ensure I'm getting real, functional magazines and not the FTF garbage mags out there? Also will authentic magazines also feed .380 into a CZ83 or is that a sign of a fake? I see a lot of listings saying they're compatible with both models.

Thanks!

·
Silver Bullet member
31,354 Posts
There are also two different kinds of floorplates: stamped steel and machined alloy. Follower is black polymer in either case.

Here are some photos of some in a Dutch Emergency Ration pouch, which fits them nicely.

Note the alloy floorplates are thicker/wider, and they also tend to have their finish scraped off.

Reactions: StlMakGuy24
1 - 4 of 4 Posts