Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a very nice CZ52. It has been fully disassembled and checked out by the gunsmith that I use and passed with no problems. I am now ready to take her to the range for some test firing. What kind of loads do the members use and recommend. I have not looked for ammo yet, I MAY get some online depending on what my wacko State (CA):mad passes next in terms of limiting the sale of internet ammo. Any suggestions?

Blu Max

·
Registered
89 Posts
Prvi Partizan is the best I have tried. They also make hollowpoints for those who carry this pistol for defense which actually makes for a very good round for that purpose.

I use Prvi Partizan 85gr JHP in my CZ52 for carry. I have found this to be the best and most consistent of name brand ammo. And like any good ammo, the brass is boxer primed so it is reloadable.

As for practice...Romanian surplus works fine with no issues in any outdoor range (most indoor ranges don't like surplus ammo because they do damage to the backstop). Just remember to swab the barrel out with Windex when you are done at the range to remove the corrosive residue.

If you can find it, 7.63 Mauser works fine too with less recoil in a Cz52.
FYI - Winchester and Wolf Gold is reboxed Prvi Partizan.

·
Copper Bullet member
4,850 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts